Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:38 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: My bank visit
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:04 pm 

Drives: `66 Reggae Rhythm
Doing internet banking makes things so simple normally... That is until the App gets split into 2 languages. My problem is with making a transfer it does not happen often but when it does l get locked out and must visit the bank. Problem is the transfer needs to be confirmed with a tan number. Which you approve everything this side of the App is in German. So to the bank, take my turn.
Forgot my earring aids so she is behind her mask and a screen talking German. Gave her my card and iPhone and told her l need help. She said would it be easier if we spoke in English, cor yes l said.
I learned a lot after that, than in past 7 visits to sort out my balls ups. She came to Germany from Canada 10 years ago works for one of the biggest banks in Germany. Last night l made a transfer perfectly no problems at all. Tan number as well. 3 cheers for me.

Post subject: Re: My bank visit
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:45 pm 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
Shame to say in last few years visits to my bank I not spoken to a person at all, well maybe a hello to the meet and greet person, used the machine to pay cash in and ATM for cash out, sad really but the few cashiers our banks have are always busy, so just easier and quicker to use a machine. In the supermarkets, I do make a point of using a person, cos those damn self service tills always a pain when buying booze or wrong item in bagging area, so trying to keep humans in work.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:34 pm 

Does your bank not have internet banking so you can check your balance. And make transfers to buy items. The only time I need to visit the ATM is to withdraw cash or pay cash in. Some chance.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:58 am 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
Yep, that's the sad part technology means I do most my banking online, but being old I still like some cash, which still comes in handy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:43 am 

Drives: 2011 C1 + VW Touareg
I'm old-fashioned and suspicious so I only use ATMs situated inside the bank premises - but I go so rarely, it's usually for a bigger amount than ATMs will issue, eg just before a UK holiday, so I usually go to the cashier - rarely a queue these days apart from market day when the traders are paying in their takings.

Apart from cash, I'm comfortable doing all my banking online including management of my Unit Trust Investments which we use to supplement our pensions.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:52 pm 

From my U.K. account l can draw out £500 here in Germany if l wish all via the internet. Free Banking.
I also try to avoid visiting my banks as much as possible. Only when I make a mistake and can't check my balance or check if something has been paid. It happens but not often.
It seems only pensioners on here use online banking or are willing to post.