Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:30 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:12 am 

Drives: Peugeot 107 (2005)
Hello. I passed my test in November and have just bought a '05 reg Peugeot 107 from a friend (it was his daughters and she owned it for 7 years previously). It has a full service history, and he had it serviced every time it was MOT'd. It drives really well and doesn't seem to have any major problems aside from the hazard lights not working and a slight exhaust smell if I rev the engine a bit too much when driving. Say, for instance, if I change down gears too soon or overcompensate and give it a bit too much gas when pulling away from hill starts.

I've bought a replacement switch for the hazard lights, and I'm going to have a go at fitting it myself, but I can't track down where the exhaust-like smell is coming from.

Does anyone know what might be causing the smell?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:34 pm 

Drives: 2006 C1
Hi and welcome to the forum.
To keep things simple this is the welcome forum it helps if you post problems in another forum.
However your smell might be the manifold-gaskets-front exhaust pipe clamp or were it bolts to the manifold-front pipe to back box joint-or back box. Let me know if I missed somewhere.

Congrats on your car

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:59 pm 

Drives: Peugeot 107 (2005)
Thanks, brixtonboy. I've decided to book it in with the local garage to make sure there isn't anything seriously wrong. I'll ask them to check the parts you mentioned.

So far the car is really nice to drive. I did 14 miles in it today to go get a new key cut and it handled it no problem. It's just the smell that's a little worrying. It doesn't seem to be affecting performance in any way.