Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:30 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:08 pm 

Drives: 2007 107xs
My girlfriend has a 57 plate 107, we bought it whilst she was doing her driving lessons and she would go out in it with her dad once or twice a week.

It was sat for a month or so when the weather was bad - and there was a little damp inside the car itself; but still no major issues and it flew through its MOT. We came home one day and the horn was on continually; we removed the fuse as there was no other way to stop it; but the fuse was fine?

I would go up to the car and start it regularly every week or so when she wasn't going out in it; just to make sure that it still worked and wasnt left sat for long periods of time. The following day her dad came along to take her out in it; the car started but immediately died straight away.

We thought it maybe the battery, so charged it for 24 hrs but still no joy. I thought it maybe damp sparkplugs; so replaced those and the coil packs but still no joy.

One thing to note is that since it stopped working, the speedo and rev counter dance around on their own when the key is in the ignition?

I have heard that it maybe the grounding cable - but as my mechanical skills are as basic as they come; I wonder if anyone here can assist / or if anyone has come across these sort of problems before.

Considering the issue with the horn - I am thinking electrical issues here and maybe it being stood for a while hasn't helped?

Any ideas are most welcome...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:08 pm 

Drives: 2019 Smart Fortwo
pigsy2400 wrote:
I am thinking electrical issues here and maybe it being stood for a while hasn't helped?

I bought my 107 when I hadn't even passed my theory test, I had even less people to go out in it with for practise, maybe once or twice a month at most.

So it sat stood for months on end, I used to disconnect the battery as it wasn't being used much. When I passed my test and reconnected the battery it started first time and drove well.

Sods law first drive after passing my test I left the interior light on which drained the battery overnight.

6-Speed Dual Clutch Automatic
Rear Parking Sensors
White with 15” Alloys

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:30 am 
Area Rep

Drives: Citroën C1
Take it to a professional, you will like wastes a lot of time and money stabbing in the dark and advice by it technicians and geography students.

Take it in and get the faultcodes read, it’s the only way to give yourself a fighting chance and going in the right direction.

Alfa Romeo 159 Turismo Sport
Renault 5 Auto