Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:53 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 12:33 am 

Drives: 2010 Peugeot 107
Hello all!

So, I currently drive a Peugeot 206. Made it matte purple, 5% tinted windows, exhaust system, and so on. I had it for three years - but I have been getting a lot, LOT of issues haha.
Therefore I was in the market for a new car. My first choice was a Toyota Corolla, or a Celica. I wanted something a little sportier, more "me".

But then, suddenly, my grandfather sadly passed away. He was a very positive, cheerful 90(!) year old man who still drove, cooked, went out to friends. Definitely something to aspire to be!
With that, his car came for sale. A 2010 Peugeot 107 XR five door, in silver. It has 25.167 KM on the engine, full dealer service history, always serviced on time, brand new tires, just had an oil change, new battery. No damages, no knicks, nothing. I took it for a test drive just to see how it is, I've never drive a city bug before. And I was very positively surprised by how fun this car actually is.

My family wanted the car to kinda stay in the family as they did not want a random stranger of the internet taking this car for a cheap steal and beating on it or flipping it for a profit. Logical.

So, I bought the car. My grandmother wanted 2500 euro's for it. I offered more, knowing what the cars are worth, but she said she knew this. And wanted me to have it for this price.
Obviously I could not pass this up.

So, I am now the proud owner of a 107! I don't have it yet, my grandmother was driving it and she's a dear who wants to clean it out and make it neat for me first haha. Will be able to pick it up after the weekend.
Some pictures:

Last edited by Switch on Fri May 10, 2019 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 7:37 am 

Drives: Peugeot 107 Envy '13
Welcome! Glad to see another Dutchie on here. The car looks nice, and for that price a steal. Hope you get a lot of fun with it, the 107 is much more reliable than a 206, so that would make you happy ;)

Sad to hear about your grandpa, it’s a nice thought to continue his memory by keeping the car in the family.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 10:42 am 

NoscopeDog wrote:
Welcome! Glad to see another Dutchie on here. The car looks nice, and for that price a steal. Hope you get a lot of fun with it, the 107 is much more reliable than a 206, so that would make you happy ;)

Sad to hear about your grandpa, it’s a nice thought to continue his memory by keeping the car in the family.

Hello other Dutchie haha, thank you! In the beginning I was pondering because I actually didn't want a Peugeot anymore, given my 206 has had a LOT of issues. Including having to replace the entire engine, exhaust falling off, brakes failing etc.

But reading all the positive reviews and the fact it's basically a Toyota haha, I took it. I hope this Peugeot will alter my negative view I have on Peugeot (the 206 was my first one)
Though it's a lot more reliable, especially given the service history, so I'm sure that will happen!

And agreed, it'll stay in the family with me for years, so I'll have the chance to enjoy it.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 10:28 am 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
Hello and welcome, sure you will enjoy your new Peugeot/Toyota 107 ;) , to be fair that one reasons we got our 107 over 10 years ago, saw all those Toyota badges around the engine/body, did some investigating and found out about the tie-up and made purchase a lot happier.

Sorry to hear about your grandpa, but nice to think you keeping his car in the family.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 12:51 pm 

Drives: 2006 C1
Hi and welcome. Ok not the best way to get a car. In the Will from Opa but he would be happy that it goes to a good home. BB

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 4:27 pm 

Steve107 wrote:
Hello and welcome, sure you will enjoy your new Peugeot/Toyota 107 ;) , to be fair that one reasons we got our 107 over 10 years ago, saw all those Toyota badges around the engine/body, did some investigating and found out about the tie-up and made purchase a lot happier.

Sorry to hear about your grandpa, but nice to think you keeping his car in the family.

Thank you! Yeah true haha, I hear French cars aren't that reliable left and right, so it was a big relief when I found out it's basically a re-badged Toyota. Someone said "this is the best Peugeot ever made, because it's a Toyota" :lol:

And indeed, that was the nice thought about it - keep it in the family and take good care of it!

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 4:28 pm 

brixtonboy wrote:
Hi and welcome. Ok not the best way to get a car. In the Will from Opa but he would be happy that it goes to a good home. BB

Thank you! It isn't the best way indeed, but I'll take good care of the car and not rag on it or take it for granted - like someone random from a second hand site would do buying this car for cheap.