Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC). - New users not working currently, New users please use 'City Bug Club' Facebook instead

It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Oem bluetooth headunit
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 3:55 pm 

Drives: Citroen C1 1.0 2013
Currently I have the stock headunit in my c1 mk1 (2013) and it doesn't have bluetooth, I really want bluetooth in my car but I don't want to ruin the 'stock look' of my car. I know that an oem headunit with bluetooth exits but I can't seem to find one anywhere. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Also, anyone who has the bluetooth headunit, what's it like? As long as the sound quality is equivalent to the standard head unit I will upgrade.

Any help is appreciated!

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 4:45 pm 

Drives: 14 Plate Peugeot 107
If you try using the search tool on here you should find a couple places where this is talked about. (I was also looking to do same thing, but ended up going aftermarket instead)

However scrapper or ebay are likely your best options.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:51 pm 

Drives: 2015 Citroen C1 Feel
Hi, I have done the conversion myself in my old 05 C1 and our 06 107. Quite easy to do but this bluetooth model has a very different connection to the standard one.

Here is a link to on on ebay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-AYGO-2010-2013-RADIO-CD-PLAYER-MP3-BLUETOOTH-86120-YV010-/173030606387

My comparison: The scrolling FM radio text is nice. Control of the phone through the buttons on the Headunit is great, sound quality it is based on a Pioneer unit but with the standard speakers there won't be much difference. I had JBL speakers in the dash and they sounded great with this headunit.

There is an option for handsfree calling but you need to get the microphone.

Usb connection is a possibility but again you need to find the wiring for that.

danemersuk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:38 pm 

Drives: Aygo+
will this fit in a 2007 aygo?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:47 am 

Drives: C1 Phase 3; 107 Ph 1
Physically it will fit in the space (and look very nice) but you'll have to be prepared to do the rewiring that danemersonuk. Mentioned. The essential stuff is addressing the fact that the connection at the rear is a totally different type to the standard unit. There may be a conversion cable available (I don't know). If not, it's cutting and joining wire time. The other things (microphone, USB) are optional but nice to have and reasonably straight forward to do if you have the bits and pieces. If you do have them (or can get them), you may as well do it while you have everything pulled apart anyway.

I haven't actually done the conversion myself (I've just fitted loads of units to loads of cars over the years) but I have seen some people say that, sometimes, these units need to have the rear speakers enabled by a dealer - whereas others say they just worked off the bat (perhaps depending on what had been done with the donor car?).

Personally, I went for a modern touch-screen unit in my C1 but the OEM Bluetooth unit looks great in the dash of our cars and is a very nice upgrade.