Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC). - New users not working currently, New users please use 'City Bug Club' Facebook instead

It is currently Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello Bug Peeps!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:10 pm 

Drives: Peugeot 107 2007
Howdee all. I'm new to the club and to my recently purchased Red Pug Bug 107. I can't believe after all these years really missing my old mini from when I was a kid. Who would of thought that nowadays there is a car very similar to it! I got last week and it's so much fun. I feel that mini smile coming back everytime I drive the thing.

I'm hoping there's a few of you that can answer my questions in the coming months as I get to work on the beast.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Hello Bug Peeps!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:27 pm 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
Hello and welcome, good to hear you got good first impression.

The good news is 107 is much more reliable and mucho less rusty than a Mini, we had a 1977 BL vintage one, as you say they both a fun drive, just a shame our Mini rusted away and broke down alot.

Agree the original city bugs do carry on the Mini ethos of cheap, simple motoring unlike the new expensive/bloated err Mini.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:16 pm 

Drives: C1 Phase 3; 107 Ph 1
Yup, I think the Mini feeling has made quite a few bug owners happy. It's certainly an aspect of these cars that I appreciate. They are a nice balance of original Mini basic-ness with a few (but not too many) mod cons thrown in to take some of the pain out of the less enjoyable aspects of owning a real Mini. I'm sure that you'll enjoy yours. :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:06 pm 

Cheers for the welcome.
So this weekend I am changing oil, filter, Sump nut, plugs, air filter, replacing the water pump and belt as it's making a strange noise. Going by the YouTube vids it all looks straight forward to do.

Just wondering if anyone out there knows which way round the water pump bolts go back? I see there's 2 small 2 long and a middle size bolt. Silly me didn't check when I removed them.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:50 pm 

Drives: 2006 C1
Hi just checked the Haynes Manual the only info l can find is that the bolts need to be tightened to 28Nms.
One idea might be is to screw the bolts in as far they will go. Without the pump and use that as your guide.
Next time use a cardboard cutout as your guide.
Still live and learn. Maybe there is member that has more information or YouTube perhaps

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:55 pm 

Drives: peugeot 107
if you have sorted it ok, but if not i will see if the spare engine has one fitted and undo the bolts to find out
Ron

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:16 pm 

Thanks for the help peeps. I noticed that 2 of the smaller holes had thread right at the start so I assume they are the small bolts. The rest I just jiggled around a bit and they fitted. So fingers crossed nothing blows up.

Completely gutted out the back this morning. Carpets, panels, seats, belts. It's now a 2 seater! :)