Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC). - New users not working currently, New users please use 'City Bug Club' Facebook instead

It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:58 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 750 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:05 pm 

Drives: C1 Phase 3; 107 Ph 1
oJU5T1No wrote:
Happens at the mini roundabouts in my town even when no 1's on them, its like a stand off.

Heh, you're not wrong.

:D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:13 pm 

Drives: 2012 peugeot 107
F***ing football
Our 107 was taken away today, after being destroyed by football mad, white van man, after trashing our car, the only thing he was worried about was, getting his kid to football practice, so does that mean, all those tv car chases are just people late for football practice?
Ttfn a very pi$$ed off Glenn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:06 pm 

Drives: peugeto 107 1.0 auto
think the worse roundabout i now of is thornton heath roandabout, n one gives a toss whose right of whay it is, and when it is your right of way, (clear for you to go from the right) some on from either minor junction or main road completely cuts yu up when your making a right, had one guy try it on with me, i got out my car and was like yu gonna argue now ? learn to drive, on a secnd note, also saw some 12 year old driver cutting me up on the roundabout. (YES YOU READ THAT RIGHT!) 12 years old maybe younger.

most people dont have a license round here or dont deserve one. or its fake. after all its the worst part of london. example. theres so many accidents, my first years insurance fully comp paid in full. 2100. in seaford. where i used to live it is 500 for the year.

crazyness.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:00 pm 
Area Rep

Drives: Citroën C1
going through 50mph average speed cameras where traffic is heavy and people see the need to sit right up your arse just try and make 5 yards through the traffic...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:00 pm 

Drives: 2006 C1
This happened on Friday, keep in mind we drive on the right. Coming out l wanted to turn right to the left of me very near was van with a trailer, cleaning the drainage.
So l set back to see the cars coming from my left, waiting to pull out.
Then stay stopped, a car wanted to pull into were l was but there was not enough room so he wave me out.
Slow moving out, l assumed the other car had flashed him. S''' got to the point were l could not see anything on the left the car had overtaken the van and trailer coming
straight at me.
Years ago l learned something, about the word ASSUME
it came back in a flash.

It makes ASS outa U and ME

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:01 pm 

Drives: was VTR 2009
Muppets who drive at 45mph all the way along the 60mph bit, pissing everyone off and creating a queue then, when they get to the 30mph zone, keep going at 45.

Shoot them I say, shoot them all!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:48 pm 

Drives: C1 Phase 3; 107 Ph 1
Yes, especially if you are stuck behind them in the 60 zone and then when you come to a village (or whatever) and you slow down but they keep going, disappearing off into the distance, but you know that on the other side of the village you'll go up to 60 and catch them up; probably at yet another stretch of road where passing them is unlikely.

I've actually heard people justifying it too with phrases like "that's my speed" or "my car runs best at 45" and "it's OK, I can easily stop at 45 if a kid runs out". :evil:

At the moment, the biggest hold up I am regularly facing is farm machinery. It's harvest time so just about every journey I meet a few tractors or someone moving a huge combine harvester down a narrow lane. I mean, it's fair enough; it needs to be done and many of the drivers will pull over to let you pass when they get a chance (except that guy with a 50 car tail-back behind him last Thursday, I'm looking at you blue tractor guy on the A96) I just wish they weren't doing it when I'm running late for work. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:09 pm 

Drives: was VTR 2009
Enjay wrote:
"it's OK, I can easily stop at 45 if a kid runs out".

This is the one that gets my goat. If they're not able to keep up with a 60 mph limit there's no way they'll be able to stop from 45 if a five year old runs into the road. None of us could.

And I'm with you on the tractors - everywhere aren't they?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:37 pm 

Drives: Peugeot 107 Urban 56
Theres this road which merges from 2 lanes in 1 lane where the left lane merges into the right. Before that bit is traffic lights. i was in the left lane behind a van and there were 2 cars on the right. normally i stay in the left lane as people go in the right lane to turn right when the lights went green the van in front booted it and went passed the two cars in the right lane before the lanes merged. i drove normally up to the bit where the lane merges, the first car in the right lane was in front of me so waited till i get room to get in but as i was merging the second car didnt slow down so i had to quickly vier to the left and scratched my wheel against the curb at the part where it was getting narrow :( from there i just tailgated the guy till i got to uni. the guy actually speeded off when he could see me right behind him. i never get mad at other road users unless they caused me to damage my car or i know they are messing around

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:50 pm 

Drives: 2007 Aygo Sport
zain611 wrote:
from there i just tailgated the guy till i got to uni. the guy actually speeded off when he could see me right behind him. i never get mad at other road users unless they caused me to damage my car or i know they are messing around

Worst thing you can do is react to some mad person on the road, especially tailgating - if they brake-check you and you ram into the back of them, awkward.. :( Get a dashcam, saved me a few times.

*just realised your post date, oops* :?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 750 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75