Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:07 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:21 pm
Posts: 16
Drives: C1 2008
Hello just sold my mk1 mx5 I'm too old to get in and out of it needed a cheap car to run and this is it a c1 pick up on Monday 2008 with 29,700 miles on.have already ordered the glove box lid.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:44 pm 
Offline
Full Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:59 pm
Posts: 1349
Location: Aberdeenshire
Drives: C1 2012; 107 2009
There are a couple of MX5 fans/previous/current owners on here already (I had a Mk1 myself, got a Mark4 now). I'm sure you'll fit right in.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:46 pm 
Offline
Full Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 7:29 pm
Posts: 1722
Location: South Molton, Devon
Drives: 2008 Citroen C1 Code
bowie wrote:
have already ordered the glove box lid.

Hope you ordered the Toyota glove box lid? - it's much better then the Peugeot/Citroen one.

_________________
2008 C1 Code 1.0 I3 petrol - soon to be replaced with a 2020 Aygo x-clusiv x-shift
2015 Skoda Octavia 1.4TSI Elegance estate

Sadly missed - 2006 Audi RS4 Avant


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:21 pm
Posts: 16
Drives: C1 2008
Enjay wrote:
There are a couple of MX5 fans/previous/current owners on here already (I had a Mk1 myself, got a Mark4 now). I'm sure you'll fit right in.


Thanks got the c1 as a backup car for me or the wife the other car I drive now is a fiat panda cross 4x4


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:21 pm
Posts: 16
Drives: C1 2008
PetrolDave wrote:
bowie wrote:
have already ordered the glove box lid.

Hope you ordered the Toyota glove box lid? - it's much better then the Peugeot/Citroen one.


don't know just did an eBay search and ordered this one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Toyo ... 2749.l2649

mods can delete if not allowed to put links in ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:31 pm 
Offline
Full Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:59 pm
Posts: 1349
Location: Aberdeenshire
Drives: C1 2012; 107 2009
Yup, that's the good one. Citroen did their own version of it and it's not quite as robust (poorer catch/handle and hinges).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:21 pm
Posts: 16
Drives: C1 2008
Enjay wrote:
Yup, that's the good one. Citroen did their own version of it and it's not quite as robust (poorer catch/handle and hinges).



Thanks that's good to know I pick the car up on Monday after work only thing its black I've never had a black car are they hard to keep clean. :?:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:16 pm 
Offline
Full Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:59 pm
Posts: 1349
Location: Aberdeenshire
Drives: C1 2012; 107 2009
Black cars can look quite grubby (especially in the winter) because dirt is lighter in colour than the paint. But then all cars can look dirty in the winter.

What I find is more of an issue with black cars is how the small scratches and swirls really show up in bright sunlight. On a light coloured car, the same scratches would be almost invisible unless you were really looking hard. Mind you, a black car with a really good polish looks amazing - almost liquid.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:21 am 
Offline
Full Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 7:29 pm
Posts: 1722
Location: South Molton, Devon
Drives: 2008 Citroen C1 Code
bowie wrote:
Thanks that's good to know I pick the car up on Monday after work only thing its black I've never had a black car are they hard to keep clean. :?:

I've had a black C1 since 2010 (as well as another black car that I sold in 2016), yes it shows the road dirt are than say a grey car but it comes up so nice after a wash and polish that I reckon it's a good choice.

_________________
2008 C1 Code 1.0 I3 petrol - soon to be replaced with a 2020 Aygo x-clusiv x-shift
2015 Skoda Octavia 1.4TSI Elegance estate

Sadly missed - 2006 Audi RS4 Avant


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:21 pm
Posts: 16
Drives: C1 2008
PetrolDave wrote:
bowie wrote:
Thanks that's good to know I pick the car up on Monday after work only thing its black I've never had a black car are they hard to keep clean. :?:

I've had a black C1 since 2010 (as well as another black car that I sold in 2016), yes it shows the road dirt are than say a grey car but it comes up so nice after a wash and polish that I reckon it's a good choice.



Thanks for the reply what type of polish did you use a special black one like Turtle Wax Color Magic Car Paintwork Polish Restores Scratches Faded 500ml Black or Simoniz Black Car Paintwork Renovating Colour Enriched Polish or just a normal polish been told if you use normal can leave white marks


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group