Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:16 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:24 pm 

Drives: Citroen C1 1.0 2011
Hello.

That's her car :) Citroen C1 1.0 automatic. 2011, about 45000km. The trim is the so-called "Seduction Airdream" that in Belgium was the middle trim + air conditioning. I bought it one year ago.

The car seems fine. Pretty noisy (my other car is a Skoda Superb that is really quiet), the automatic gearbox is not perfect but it's ok. So far I never had time to really take care of it, apart checking the fluids and changing the filters. I would like to work a bit on the soundproofing and maybe, maybe try the chiptuning. But I need to be convinced first that it really works on a non-turbo engine.

I got also the Lexia interface and the Diagbox software. It works, the only problem is that it doesn't "talk" to the ABS module. All the others seem fine. For me it's a surprise that it doesn't seem to have a MAF sensor. To me it means that in case I made some engine modifications I will not be able to estimate the effect by myself (that sucks cause here in Belgium anything is either unavailable either very expensive. There are no services in this country, it's like a desert).

It seems I can't put a picture... "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:42 am 

That's how it looks like :) A wonder car... if it had +15HP and -15db of noise :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:19 pm 

bang! This is what happens when somebody tries to check what's tougher... a Czech made French car with Japanese engine or a Belgian concrete pole.

An 300€ later (in a generic workshop)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:01 pm 

Drives: 2006 C1
He got that done cheap!

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:11 pm 

Yep. It helps if you know the right people :D
If they smell insurance money it's about 5-6 time more expensive.

Once I scratched a golf in the parking of the dealer. I was there for the maintenance of my other car, I was extremely tired (i was coming from one night without any sleep), and I thought that one guy (working theretfor the dealership) who asked me to move back for 2m was giving me direction... And he wasn't , so I stopped with the bumper of the golf behind.
Nothing too bad.
I told the guy that there is no point declaring this to the insurance, it's going to cost both of us our bonus since being a private parking the road regulations don't apply and they will settle for common fault. I agreed to pay the repair cash.
The dealer told me that in his workshop that's gonna cost like 7-800e. Since it was his fault too (for not giving directions) he was probably feeling guilty and he gave me a tip... he told me that a small garage across the street will do it for 150...and he was right.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:56 pm 

james kilowatt wrote:
Hello.

I would like to work a bit on the soundproofing ...

First step today... tomorrow, the next one :)

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 3:04 pm 

This would be step 3 or so.... I had a terrible squeaking at the driver's door... so I took off the trim to take care of it. Turned to be a loose screw.
But since I took out the trim, I thought I should insert some sound deadening material too (same one as in the previous post). And since I took care of one door, I thought I should take care of all four of them.

It's a rolls royce now. Kidding :D However, it really makes a noticeable difference in terms of rolling noise. Now the engine seems to be the biggest noise source.
And the sound of the doors getting shut is different, now it sounds like a car, not like a tin can :D

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 3:35 pm 

Drives: 2006 C1
Now you have a SENSITIVE DRIVE :)

Gregory Isaacs r.i.p.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:49 am 

Bye bye the white one (great car), welcome to the red one (hopefully a great car too)!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:46 pm 

Drives: C1 2012; 107 2009
I do like the build quality and general feel of Mazdas, and the slightly more aggressive styling that they have adopted over the last few years really works well IMO (I have a Mazda as well as my C1).

I hope you enjoy the new car. :)