Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC). - New users not working currently, New users please use 'City Bug Club' Facebook instead

It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:29 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Florabug has a new mummy
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:22 am 

Drives: C1 Splash 3dr 2010
Hello fellow buggies, at last I am able to say a big thank you to you all for helping me to fall in love with Florabug, my little C1.
I recently got a big shock when my Corsa CDTi's ecu failed leaving me with a bill for more than she was worth to make her better, sold for £300. Luckily for me, my stepmum offered me her C1 splash which has only done 17k as a gift, it was named after Flora somebody or other as their animals and everything else get Harry Potter names. Honestly I thought I'd hate it, having had 2 Mondeos and other large engined cars. Whilst I was researching what I could do with it I came across this forum and came to see there was something magical about the skateboard with a motor I had been expecting. I have never driven a 1 litre engined car and honestly would never have considered it, however, I need to be mobile and, third class driving is better than first class walking, as I've always said.
Anyway to cut a long story short, I picked up Florabug nearly 2 weeks ago and I absolutely love her to bits. She reminds me of my first car, a Vauxhall Nova 1.4 which I loved to bits and was eventually killed by a lorry reversing over her in a car park.
So far I have just bought her some shiny black wheel trims, a Kenwood dab stereo still to be fitted, new speakers one set fitted so far, a glove box door, a new gear knob and an Italian leather gaiter. I'll post her picture when I get chance.
It was your enthusiasm for these little bugs which drew me in, so I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:40 pm 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
Hello and welcome, good to hear you enjoying your new bug life.

Like you I had the Mondeo experience, but got to say our 107 is so much easier to live with, easier round town, cheaper to run and less to go wrong, lots of info and help on here, so have a good look round.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:17 pm 

Drives: 2006 C1
Hi and welcome to the bug club. I only bought mine 6 years ago because my Lady boss had a Red one and one day on my travels l saw one for sale got it there and then.
Over the years it’s only let me down once 3 weeks ago with a kaputt battery, now that can’t be bad for a car with almost 150.000 KLM’s on the clock. Over 90.000 Miles
Happy Motoring

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:27 pm 

Drives: C1 Splash 3dr 2010
Wow, that is some car you have there. I hope mine is as long lived.