Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC). - New users not working currently, New users please use 'City Bug Club' Facebook instead

It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:32 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:23 pm 

Hi all,
I first joined this forum when my wife bought the first (and only) brand new car we ever had. That car, a 2010 Aygo blue was my fave car we ever had! We kept it for 5 years before chopping it in against a corsa :shock: :shock:
Anyway, my second son is due to come of age and start driving lessons in September, so I am on the hunt for another bug! Tomorrow, I’m off to see a 59 plate Aygo blue with 107000 miles priced just shy of £2k. I will judge the car on condition and history as I understand that ‘high’ mileage isn’t too much of an issue for these cars.
Anyway, enough waffle! I’ll report back tomorrow if I buy it!
Cheers
Rich

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:53 pm 

Drives: C1 Phase 3; 107 Ph 1
Hi,

I think, once you go beyond a certain point, mileage in most cars becomes less important than overall condition and evidence of how well it's been looked after etc.

My son bought a 59 107 (well, we co-bought it) as his first car and I was so impressed that I went out and bought myself my own bug. Both cars are still going strong after 3 years with absolutely minimal problems and hardly anything being flagged up at MOT time for either of them. Both are all-year round daily drivers and have survived some fairly heavy NE Scotland winter conditions.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:48 pm 

I have always preferred vehicles with character over gadgets, looks, and even quality (my daily is a 31yr old ex mod Land Rover 90!!!)
My search is restricted by the request for air con by my son!! I would have a much larger pool of bugs to look at if it wasn’t for that (I’d personally like an absolutely Bog basic bug - it’d remind me of my old mini!!)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:30 pm 

Drives: C1 Phase 3; 107 Ph 1
The "feels like my old mini" experience is a thing I've seen mentioned a few times on here. It's also one of the things that I liked about the 107 when I drove it. I have to say, I do think that there is something ever so slightly more characterful about the older 59-plate 107 versus my 12-plate C1 (not much, but it's there).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:49 am 

Drives: 2006 C1
callisr wrote:
Hi all,
I first joined this forum when my wife bought the first (and only) brand new car we ever had. That car, a 2010 Aygo blue was my fave car we ever had! We kept it for 5 years before chopping it in against a corsa :shock: :shock:
Anyway, my second son is due to come of age and start driving lessons in September, so I am on the hunt for another bug! Tomorrow, I’m off to see a 59 plate Aygo blue with 107000 miles priced just shy of £2k. I will judge the car on condition and history as I understand that ‘high’ mileage isn’t too much of an issue for these cars.
Anyway, enough waffle! I’ll report back tomorrow if I buy it!
Cheers
Rich

Hi just seen one for sale on Facebook with A/C no price given or were it is.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:13 pm 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
Hello and welcome, good luck with your search, they a great first car so sure your son will enjoy it.

I'm with you on the no frills approach, less to go wrong, one reasons we got ours was it had no aircon, unlike many of it's rivals.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:14 pm 

Drives: 2007/57 Smart Fortwo
Yeah air con needs re-gassing if you don't use it often enough. My car has air con but I've never used it. At my last service they advised the air con needed re-gassing for the summer. I don't use it so I am not going to.

Smart Radio 9
Panoramic Sunroof
Luggage Compartment Cover
Softouch Automatic Gear Programme
Bodypanels & Tridion Cell in Silver Metallic
15" Alloy Wheels

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:52 am 

Drives: 2006 C1
Back to the main point, did you buy it??

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:29 pm 

Hello again!
I decided to walk away from the car I viewed on Friday. It was burning oil, had some rust above the windscreen and the clutch didn’t feel great - it was way down on the pedal.
I went to see another car today - a C1 Vibe. About as basic as you can get. It was a good price, on a 57 plate with about 80k miles. Looked great but it was sold when I got there!
The search continues!

Thanks for all the replies!

Rich