Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Mon May 27, 2019 12:12 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:56 pm 

Drives: 2008 Peugeot 107
Hello - I have lurked around the forum over the past year after I bought my daughter a 107 that needed a little work but figured I should say hello.

She passed her test in it mid January and has already run up some 1800 miles since on top of the 4000 done last year. The car is great and I quite enjoy running around it it on the occasion also. It is very simple to work on. Work done at purchase included replacing the following parts:- 2nd key, one wing, radio surround (including cracked hazard button), couple of tyres to get a matching set, new wheel trims, engine service (Oil, filters and plugs), new silencer and fabricated up a hanger for the corroded item on the front pipe, freed off sticking handbrake mechanism (actuating lever seized on the shoes). The engine was a bit prone to stalling. Cleaned the idle control valve and throttle body with carb cleaner and it has been fine since. Topped up the A/C freon, freed off the seized door mirror adjusters (critical for learner drivers), replaced the water pump for a new OEM item as it had a rumbling bearing and also freed off the stuck brushes in the alternator as it was charging poorly. The previous owner had fitted a new battery and supplied a set of jump leads as he had starting problems but was dealing with symptoms rather than the root cause.
It sounds like a lot of work but it is a very easy car to work on and most of it is due to the cars very occasional previous use and poor maintenance.
For the MOT last October I needed to repair the brake lines where they turn up to meet the axle flexy hose from the floorpan. I kept the rest of the line and simply added a couple of unions and a short section of new copper tube. Took the opportunity to flush new fluid through the system and service the brakes.
Paid £850 for the car and I doubt we have run up more than a £250 in parts and materials over the year as they are so cheaply available and now it should remain a cheap runaround for my daughter for a good while.

Attachments:
Peugeot_107_sm.jpg
Peugeot_107_sm.jpg [ 2.1 MiB | Viewed 397 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:54 pm 

Drives: C1 2012; 107 2009
And hello back to you, also from N.E. Scotland. :D

Sounds like you're enjoying the car. I bought one with my son as his first car and I was having so much fun with his, that I got myself one too.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:11 pm 
Area Rep

Drives: Citroën C1
Hello and welcome. It’s good to see more Scots on here

Alfa Romeo 159 Turismo Sport
Renault 5 Auto