Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC). - New users not working currently, New users please use 'City Bug Club' Facebook instead

It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:35 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello from the midlands.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:57 am 

Drives: 2007 C1
Hi all,
Well looked in and out of the forum since 2014 (when the C1 started using oil!) and thought I would join up and have now got round to it! :)

Background:
I bought the car new in March 2007 as a stop gap car..... and well still have it!
It has now got 140k on the clock and has been burning oil since the oil light flashed on at 88k. It has never missed a beat. :)
Only major problems the clutch went (66k) and the clutch release fork. Unfortunately I was away from home and the breakdown recovery took it to the Citroen dealer and I was stuck so that cost me over £500. Only other thing the pig iron brake lines needed replacing which I don't have the tools or skill to do so cost me £200. Two Back boxes.
Everything else I have done myself. Brakes front and back, rear hub and services.

Mods.... Well nothing of note.... Well summer tyres are 165/60R14 Falken SN832 and winter tyres 155/65/R14 (stock size) Fulda Kristall Montero 3. Sparkplugs are KH20tt. Pipercross filter.

Ps My brother has a 56 plate C1 as well. That also burns oil and has pealing red bumpers. But magically still on his original (tiny) clutch!

Happy Xmas

Gav

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:21 pm 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
Hello and welcome, you a long termer too, we had our 107 since 2008. Sounds like yours has been a pretty good car, for 140k your car has done really well and to me those items wear and tear to be expected with that mileage.

You can only do what you can, like you I do the routine services etc, but garages are useful for the big jobs, when time, right tools and more expertise than me are just the sensible option.

P.S. what kept you so long in joining, lots to see and do on here, so enjoy.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:48 pm 
Area Rep

Drives: Citroën C1
There are not many that can say they have had thier big as long as that, I had mine from 2010 but been in the family from new at 2006.

That post just shows the reliability of these wee cars, cheap and cheerful and very underrated by the vast majority of people