Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC). - New users not working currently, New users please use 'City Bug Club' Facebook instead

It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:18 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: New C1 Owner
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:54 am 

Drives: Citroen C1 VTR 2009
Hi fellas,

Have just recently bought a used Citroen C1 2009 VTR 1.0, it being my first personal car. I am thoroughly enjoying not only now being able to drive, but the car itself. It is extremely easy to drive and is surprisingly confident, agile and fun to use daily. I will be commuting in this and hopefully should be seeing many good miles out of this car. I do enjoy the idea that it is very easy to add on things and upgrade things as you wish to this car. I will definitely be using the forum to assist me in finding what I need to do in order to improve my car, hopefully starting soon with a glovebox for my items.

I say first personal car, as we have many other cars within the family that I have driven from time to time.

There is our 2009 BMW X5 3.0sd M-Sport, which is too fast for a 2.2 tonne SUV, and our 2004 Volvo XC90 D5, which is too slow for a 2.2 tonne SUV (and for sale). There is also our 2000 BMW 528i SE that is on the driveway after being driven past 200,000 miles, now retired and SORN, however I plan a full restore of the car as soon as possible, entailing many electrical repairs, a likely engine overhaul and rustproofing/respraying.

I look forward to using the forum, and thanks for reading!

NehalC1

Post subject: Re: New C1 Owner
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:24 am 

Drives: C1 splash & Vtr+
Welcome! Great little cars and the easiest to work on that i have ever seen-just some provisional checks-
Check clutch freeplay is 18-28mm and check oil when been standing cold and you only get one go!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:20 pm 

Drives: Citroen C1 VTR 2009
Hi, how do I check clutch freeplay?

Thanks for the reply

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:12 pm 

Drives: C1 splash & Vtr+
Push clutch down with your hand-the distance from the top to the point you feel resistance should be 18-28mm-any different and it will slip or gear changes will be tight
Adjustment wheel at back of engine on top of bell housing-not able to see it so need to feel for a knurled wheel-pull this and turn it either way to correct adjustment