Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC). - New users not working currently, New users please use 'City Bug Club' Facebook instead

It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:29 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:58 pm 

Drives: Aygo+ 2008
Hello :wave: ,

Got myself a good little runner that was a trade-in (rough around the edges, bits missing, and no service history 60k on the clock) with the intention to service/look after myself.

Enjoyed having a scan of the site reading lots of useful posts.

My fist project is to replace the back box as it's currently hanging down with a snapped/rusted hanger :roll: .

Looking forward to being a member.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:53 pm 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
Hello and welcome, good luck with your new motor, hopefully the scrap man will have the missing bits you need at a good price!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:35 am 

Cheers Steve,
Good idea, it's missing the black strips off the roof and no wheel trims so both easy fixes but pricey from the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:18 am 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
yep, when we got our car new back in 2008,i got interior dash and door trim bits to paint from scrap man as wanted keep originals, so sure even more now, luckily the stock wheel trims are bit dull anyway, so good chance fit some nicer and cheaper aftermarket ones.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:43 am 

Drives: C1 Phase 3; 107 Ph 1
Welcome. :wave:

I like a "fixer upper". It gives you something to do and the chance to become familiar with your car as well as making it feel a bit more personal to you.

Personally, I've had a minor problem with scrap yards and these cars. We don't have too many scrappys around here. One deals with pretty poor condition vehicles, the kind that have been abandoned and picked up by the council etc. The good thing about this one is that you are allowed to go in and take the bits off for yourself and the prices are really low (as a new driver running my car on a shoestring while I was a student "back in the day" this place was a life saver). The other main one is a much more commercial organisation where you phone up, ask for a part and they take it off for you and generally charge you a cheaper-than-new-but-not-as-low-as-you'd-want price.

The problem? Despite there being loads of these cars on the roads, they seem to go on and on forever so I never see any of them in the cheap scrappy. ;)

Just remember, that nearly all the important bits can usually come from any of the producers (Peugeot, Citroen or Toyota) and not an awful lot changed for many of the parts between the revamps/facelifts of the models either. It's generally only the bits that give the cars their individual styling that has to come from your specific model (with the Aygo, of course, that does involve quite a bit round the back of the car as well as the front but, like I said, an awful lot from across all models will still be fine.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:56 am 

Hi Enjay,

Thanks for the advise, being common with the C1 & 107 is what made it more appealing and already saved some cash. The washer bottle cap was missing, so ordered a C1 cap from ebay at half the price.