Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC). - New users not working currently, New users please use 'City Bug Club' Facebook instead

It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:39 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:48 pm 

Drives: Citroën C1 Edition
Hello! :wave:

We've just put a deposit down on a 2014 C1 Edition.
It's pretty much just a commuting car for my wife, as the Subrau Legacy we have as a main car isn't particularly economical; but if I learned anything from the Yaris that I used to own, these little cars can be quite good fun too.

It's only got 9,000 miles on the clock, and seems to be in relatively good nick aside from a cosmetic bumper scrape (that will be getting fixed soon).

However the dealer lost the service history... I've been investigating that, but in my hunting, Citroen have no record of it, so it must have gone to any of the thousands of independent garages across the country. I'll be booking it in for a full service and check ASAP.
I've given it a check over myself and all seems ok, but I'm not really an expert on these, so i've just looked for the usual problem things in suspension, brakes, fluids, smoke, etc.

What (if anything) tends to go wrong on low mileage models?
And are there any good breakers to source a replacement bonnet? This one has a little dent and chip that has got a bit of rust in it. Might be cheaper to replace than fix...

I'll stick pics up when we collect next week, but it's gallion grey with 5-spoke alloys.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:36 pm 
Area Rep

Drives: Citroën C1
Welcome!!!

Not much at all really goes wrong as log as its well looked after really.

I have done much replacement components in 7 years.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:14 pm 

Drives: Citroën C1 Edition
wee mac wrote:
Welcome!!!

Not much at all really goes wrong as log as its well looked after really.

I have done much replacement components in 7 years.
Thanks!

We can only hope it's been well looked after. It doesn't look abused at all. The trade dealer is giving it a 'thorough' multi-point check beforehand, so hopefully that flags up anything major; and if not, we can go back to them and complain if there is anything that it should have flagged up...

It's only had 1 previous owner though, and it's first MOT in April didn't show up any problem (apart from worn front tyres), and they've since been replaced. All 4 corners have Continental somethingorothers (I can't remember), so they haven't gone for the budget Chinese ditch finder option... Promising, we hope!

Sadly Citroën didn't have a record of any service history done through them, but they did put me through to the dealer that sold it, for me to double check with them. Sadly no joy there either. It's really annoying that no history was provided, I can't believe it wouldn't have been serviced at all!

Going to take a final look at it again on Saturday before handing over the rest of the money :)
Then book it in for a full thorough service.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk