Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:53 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:48 pm 

Drives: 2006 C1
I'm not sure if my C1 2006 has a similar problem as yours or if it's a problem. Early this year I asked my mechanic to align my steering wheel. It was always set pointing one notch to the right. Really annoying.
I said forget it. After he said it would cost 65 Euro. Keep in mind that l always drive with 2 hands on the wheel, not one. On bends it's ok, but on sharp corners it does not come back. I have to give it a helping hand, doesn't matter if it's left or right. Mileage about 95.000

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:54 pm 

Drives: Aygo Fire 2012
Brixtonboy, my Aygo’s steering issue seems to be the opposite of your C1s! On a sharp corner, like the full lock almost 180 degree turn I have to negotiate most days coming home, the self centring is fine except for the very last degree or so where I have to tell the car where straight ahead is for the final 50m home.

I had a Jimny that behaved a bit like your C1 at full lock on this same 180 corner. It required frantic wrestling with the steering wheel to get the road wheels straight if I took it too fast (which was most times in order to avoid getting shunted from behind). It turned out to be tracking and the way the tyres had worn unevenly because the tracking was out. That could be worth having checked and it might re-centre the steering wheel if you point it out to the mechanic.

Steering problems are not exactly a recurring theme in these forums, but I suspect yours and my problems are not unique. It would be interesting to do a poll to see how many steering problems there have been and if there is a common cause (but no idea how to do that).

Ford Galaxy 130 TDI 2005 (removable seats, part time van)
Skoda Yeti 170 TDI 4X4 (well, my partner’s really)
Swift Escape Compact C205

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:43 pm 

On another thread from a while back there appears to be a recurring theme, Aygo drivers seem to have the problem while C1 and 107 drivers don’t. Does anyone know the steering mechanism in depth and can suggest what might be unique to the Aygo setup? CityBugStore only sell one type of rack and one type of column so maybe it’s the programming?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:45 pm 

Drives: 2006 C1
Sorry I have only just seen this post. I thought my post had not been sent, it would be nice to get my steering wheel straight after all this time l must say. Hope he does not tell me well Kenny still can't get it straight, looks like your baby car has been in an accident. 65euro Bitte

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:58 pm 

I’m Still fixated on the fact that the self centring issue seems to be unique to Aygos so I have been trying to find out how the steering gets calibrated as that has to be the only difference. I plugged my Autel ODB reader in but it didn't ‘see’ the EPS controller (thankfully no error codes and a clean bill of health on the readiness check). Then I finally googled the right words and stumbled into Toyota’s TechStream, and then some cheap offerings on eBay.

Does anyone have any experience of using this type of device.....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16pin-Mini-V ... 2063076459