Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC). - New users please type the text from the Captcha Box as it is written.

It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 6:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: New to Forum
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:12 pm 

Drives: Citroen C1 2012 VTR
Hello everyone!

I recently became a 'bug' owner in July last year. Bought my first car which is a 2012 Citroen C1 VTR in black, had only done 29000 miles and ive put about 1000 on it since then. So far im really liking it. Hope to change a few things about it, only minor as the car is almost perfect in my mind.

Post subject: Re: New to Forum
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:32 pm 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
Hello and welcome, good to hear you enjoying your new C1, plenty of upgrades that can be easily done, have a look round site for ideas.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:59 pm 

Well was looking at giving it the alloys that all the other C1s have, because I have steel wheels with hubcaps at the minute and don’t really like them. But can’t find a set of them on the internet and don’t really know how I go about getting them. Should I ask the dealer I bought the car from? (Which was a Citroen dealer btw)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:58 pm 

Well no harm in asking, if you're lucky dealer may sell some at good discount as newer C1 now out, so may have stock to shift. If you are unlucky, they probably quote silly money, so be warned. Also, you could try car breakers/dismantlers if any near to you, but you take a chance on the wheel quality/damage.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:00 pm 

Well, I sent them an email 3 weeks ago asking if they would fit alloys, the "privacy glass" and how much it would all cost if they would do it, and they haven't replied so. I might just ask when it goes for its MOT which isn't too far away now

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:03 pm 

Yep, just pop round to their parts department and ask, but they may not be keen on fitting tyres, maybe different now, but few years ago dealers didn't bother selling/fitting tyres, so maybe just buy alloys from them and get tyres from fast fit place. Could be same with window tints, they probably get outside company/mobile to do it, so may be cheaper just to go direct.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:46 pm 

There's a Kwik Fit literally 1 minute away from the dealer, been thinking about getting all the tyres changed anyway as I currently have 3 different makes on the car and seeing as tyres aren't actually that expensive for this car I don't mind paying for a high quality brand.