Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:48 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 692 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70
 Post subject: Re: Clutch Fault Thread
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:53 pm 

Drives: Citroen C1
Hey guys, I have a query about my clutch on a 2016 C1, I'm hoping someone may be able to put my mind at rest, I've posted about it here: http://c1oc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=12093

Any help at all is massively appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Clutch Fault Thread
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:09 pm 

Drives: peugeot 107 1.0 tron
Hi,
I'm an owner of 2009 Peugeot 1.0 engine tronic gearbox car.
I bought my car as second hand about four years ago after it drove ~80,000 km. After driving ~15,000 I encountered an issue, when accelerating I heard a fast beeping noise from the dash board area. I understood the problem is in the clutch and paid about 1000$ to replace it.
When I got to 150,000 km suddenly a new issue started, about once every few days, while slowing down I heard beeps, in the LCD I saw a blinking N and the car didn’t respond to the engine until I completely stopped it and moved to neutral and moved back to E mode.
I went to a garage (a different one) and he told me that this is the clutch fault and I need to replace it. I replaced the clutch (850$) but the problem didn't go away. I read that the issue might be related to the battery so I replaced the battery and the issue almost disappeared.
I got very mad on the garage but had nothing to do about it.
Now a year passed currently I'm on ~172,000 km and the problem had returned and it happens a lot. I did some videos of it.
I can best describe it as:
When slowing down and clutch needs to go down to first gear there is a sudden increase in the motor rpm, on the dashboard I see a blinking N, and I hear slow beeps. If I try to move to manual gear and I press many times on the up the gear goes into second and I can continue the drive.
I went to another garage and he said I need to replace the entire clutch and it pump (WTF??), and it will cost me about 1000$.
I feel I cannot trust anyone.
Did anyone had this clutch issue?
Do I really need to replace the clutch after only 20,000km?
Thanks!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3kdAuitbos&list=PLolDJpcgNicUWWH5s48O03TJJc6JWpYTg

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 692 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70