C1OC - CityBugClub - Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club

It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:51 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: FAQ's
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:53 pm 
Administrator

Drives: Ice cream van
Hello new member! and welcome to the club, here you will find some quick and easy answers to several common questions.

Always use the search function before posting a question, most common questions have already been asked and answered!

To view most of these guides, you will to need to become a full member- full membership is for life, helps support the club, keep it going and is only a tenner!
Here is the link

So lets start with the basics:

You've bought a new/2nd hand c1/107/aygo and you think the speakers sound rubbish! your not alone...

Your 1st choice is to upgrade the front speakers these are a cheap and direct replacement, there are alternatives but I've found these the best value for money

Theres a nice guide Here

If thats not enough, how about some rear speakers- citroen sell a rear parcel shelf speaker upgrade which can be bought brand new from Here or you may find one cheaper 2nd hand on eBay, or if your really clever you could make your own.

Now to wire them in, the stock Head Unit has space for the rear speakers to plug into- guide to fitting these here

You fancy adding some bass to that sound of yours and want to instal a sub

Installing a sub is relatively easy, 1st you want to decide on a sub, there are serval different types: Passive and Active, a Passive sub will also require a separate amp- these usually give better sound quality but are larger and take up more space with a separate amp. A Active sub includes the amplifier and so is smaller. You will also need do decide where you would like to place your sub- the boot is usually the best option but many need the space and instal under seat subs.

for a fitting guide check out this

You dont like the boring old grey interior trim and would prefer to paint them a better colour, such as red

This has to be one of the easiest modifications to do! Most things in the car clip apart, take a flat headed screwdriver and you can pop off the vents and door handles, the speedo can be removed by removing two screws hidden behind the steering wheel and then pulling upwards.

So to paint a guide can be found here

Somethings stopped working and I need to check my fuses- how!?

There are two fuse boxes in the c1/107/aygo's one in the engine bay behind the battery and also one built into the speedo.

to check a fuse, pull out the suspected fuse using the little white tool in the fusebox and hold it upto the light, if the wire inside is broken then time to replace the fuse!

I have an Aygo but I want a C1 spoiler- Will it fit?

Short answer- No

The hinges are in a slightly different position on the aygo compared to the C1/107

I want to fit a glove box lid

The c1/107 and Aygo all have slightly different glove box lids, yet all fit perfectly.

The lid is simply clipped into place and 2 small screws used to secure it

guide

I have a c1/107/aygo and cant see in the dark, so I need a light in my boot

Maybe you need to eat more carrots?

There are two ways you can do this: you can either hard wire in some LED strips and put in a pin switch so the lights come on when you open the hatch- guide here

The other way would be to use a push LED light that are dead cheap but you have to turn them on!

Could I service my car myself?

Yes, very easily! Service kits can be bought from the http://www.citybugstore.co.uk

and a guide can be found here

I fancy some new wheels, what will fit?

15" are you best bet with some 195/45/R15 tyres, these are very very similar to the standard wheels being used so the speedo will still be accurate.

16's and 17's will also fit but spacers and lower profile tyres will be needed to avoid rubbing.

VW's and Vauxhall wheels use the same PCD but citroen and peugeot's dont! So be careful you get the right size and always do a test fit before buying.

PCD : 4x100
Offset : 35 to 45
Bore : 54.1

My Bugs too loud, make it quieter!

Sound proofing is pretty minimal, especially in older bugs, so why not spend a nice sunny sunday afternoon sound proofing your bug?

I personally have used 2 rolls of flashing tape- this stops any vibrations within the panels

and then used some 7mm carpet underlay as sound insulation, very cheep and does the job!

A guide can be found here

This is just a selection of the most commonly asked questions, and a cross section of the guides available in the members area

Full list available

Enjoy the C1OC and feel free to ask away :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]