Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:02 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:59 pm 

Drives: Peugeot 107
Hi everyone, I've been reading through the forums for the last few weeks, whilst contemplating what to do with the wife's car.

I've seen similar issues discussed in several threads but not the exact same issues.

History. The car is a 107 Urban Lite 2011 998cc 40k on the clock.
It's been flawless until recently when selecting reverse started to crunch the gears, even whilst parked with engine running. 1st is only slightly notchy but nothing too bad. All other gears perform well.
I adjusted the clutch slightly today as there was zero play at the top of the pedal, which I hear can cause the release bearing to wear. The pedal is better, and first also slightly improved but no change to the crunching in reverse.

I plan on changing gearbox oil just in case, as others have reported an improvement, but there conflicting reports as to the exact type I need. Some say Comma, yet the Comma website VRM search, states nothing compatible.

Oil specification.org states

Gear Oils
PSA B71 2330 - API GL-4 level gear oils with SAE 75W80 viscosity. Suitable for transaxles.
PSA 9730 A8 - Special gear oil for the C550 transmissions used in Citroen C1 and Peugeot 107.
PSA B71 2315 - API GL-4 level, SAE 75W80 viscosity gear oil made of API Group III base oils.

The above states special gear oil for the 107. = PSA 9730 A8, yet others on this forum state "Only use GL4 multi grade" and I read another post suggesting Castrol Syntrax Longlife Oil 75W-90, 1 Litre, so I'm a tad confused.

Can anyone confirm the exact oil needed please, as my Haynes manual wont arrive for several days yet and would like to get the order in.

Onto the gearbox issue .
Any suggestions as to what the cause may be or the best place to start?
Could it be the release bearing or the selectors?

I thought the weak gearbox/ clutch issue had been solved in later models. I know the clutch was upgraded, but sadly not much else.
I'm more used to working on vans sadly.

Thanks everyone :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:52 pm 

Drives: `66 Reggae Rhythm
Firstly I see it's your first post so welcome to the forum.To answer some of your questions maybe not all l will have a bash. At the top of the thread is a link to the the club shop on the right, most parts are available from there. Don't forget to use the discount code you get money off.
You can email Marc for information etc or search for products. Unfortunately I don't live in the U.K. so I on use the shop infrequently. If you search for gearbox oil, for example you have your answer. No problem
Actually it's 1.75 litres. The later clutch is 190 mms.
I believe you need a new clutch, seems quite early actually at 40k or just adjusting. See you videos on YouTube. Or check this link
https://youtu.be/tja3X5lisoQ
Be patient hope l have been of help