Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Door wiring help
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:16 pm 

Drives: 2009 C1 VTR
Hi, Im trying to fit a DIY remote central locking fob but need help with what colours do what on the door lock actuator.

I have 5 wires and I need the wire for "Common" , "Lock signal" and "unlock signal"

I have Pink Blue Grey Brown and white/black

Post subject: Re: Door wiring help
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:25 pm 

Worked out the wires :-) but got a problem... With the locks locked and you press lock on the fob you hear it clunk, if you press unlock nothing... Manually unlock the car and press the unlock button and you will hear it clunk press the lock button and nothing...

If its locked unlock won't work

If it's unlocked lock wont work

Any ideas?

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:49 pm 

Think i will give in and just risk a key off ebay to program to the car...

I have the wires just can't understand why it will only try to lock when the lock is down or only unlock when the lock is up......

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:26 pm 

Drives: 2006 C1
I suppose you have thought about asking the suppliers for help in explaining it?

Or you could always get an auto electrician to sort it for you.

Never give up on your dream in the word of the song

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:46 pm 

Good idea, might check for a auto electronics forum and ask there. Apparently the locks work by earthing the open wire or lock wire, like I said i have found the open and close wires but even without using the remote system and just earthing the wires to the body its still not working again unless the lock is in either the open or close position.

What Im thinking is maybe I need to disconnect the factory central locking control box if there is one or disconnecting the wires instead of tapping into them...

I could go the auto electrician route but probably alot cheaper getting a key from ebay

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:09 am 

Drives: 2008 Citroen C1 Code
Steve2019 wrote:
I have the wires just can't understand why it will only try to lock when the lock is down or only unlock when the lock is up......

It sounds like the lock and unlock sense wires have been connected to the vehicle wiring the wrong way round.

Sadly missed - 2006 Audi RS4 Avant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:18 pm 

Drives: renault
hi steve
i tried last year to fit an aftermarket locking system and i beat me too
the box that controls the central locking and the remote is under the crash pad in the centre of the screen
if you do find an answer i would be really pleased if you show it so i can copy it,cheers

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:08 pm 

hello wrote:
hi steve
the box that controls the central locking and the remote is under the crash pad in the centre of the screen
if you do find an answer i would be really pleased if you show it so i can copy it,cheers

Sorted it :thumbs:

Will get pics up in the next 30 mins or so to show

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:04 pm 

hello wrote:
hi steve

Ok so I disconnected the door loom plug and the kit worked but obviously didnt control the drivers door as that doors loom was disconnected.

Reconnected the drivers loom and it stopped working

So this made me think that tapping into the wires doesnt work and the 3 wires on the door loom (common line,
Lock and unlock) need fully disconnected for it to function on the C1, 107 and Aygo. Well actually I think just the common needed disconnected but I disconnected all three..

- So remove the drivers side kick panel trim under the dash to expose the door loom plug.

- There will be 5 wires going along one of the rows. Snip the THIN Green, Brown and White/Black wires and strip them.

- Work out which is lock and unlock by touching the White/Black wire to the green wire and then touch it to the brown and note it down. My green wire was unlock and brown lock

- now connect both yellow and yellow/black wires from your Chinese Kit to the White/Black wire that you snipped and stripped

- connect the white/black up line of your chinese kit to the unlock one you snipped on the car mine was green.

- connect the white down line of your chinese kit to the lock one you snipped on the car mine was brown

- connect the black wire of the kit to a good earth

- connect the red wire to a permanent live, i used I think it was a thick blue wire from behind the clocks

- now lock and unlock with your fob :-) (you might need to learn the fobs to the kit first using the learn button but I didnt need to)

Hope it helps

Attachments:
IMG_20191027_213938.jpg
IMG_20191027_213938.jpg [ 857.41 KiB | Viewed 3285 times ]
IMG_20191027_214022.jpg
IMG_20191027_214022.jpg [ 1.18 MiB | Viewed 3439 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:14 am 

Drives: 2006 C1
Good to see a man prepared to work on the job until the end. And thanks for feedback.