Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:20 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:24 pm 

Drives: Citroen C1
Afternoon all!

I've got a C1 (63 plate) and recently I had a bit of an epiphany about just how terrible the speaker set up is (I have the 4 speaker "dash 'n' doors" set up, with the old HU that lacks bluetooth etc). Predictably, this means I'm looking in to upgrading this. I've done this on on previous cars I've owned in the last decade or so (mostly Fiats), but I don't know much about the Citroen range or their set-ups.

What was the highest spec set up that the C1's were built with? I've heard mentions of a 6 speaker & sub set up from the factory, but I haven't found anywhere which corroborates this.

Also, how good are the head units from the newer C1's and how difficult would it be to retrofit in to my older C1? Would it be worth doing, or would just going for an aftermarket unit be a better idea?

Right now, my (vague) idea is to get the speaker upgrade set from the store, then try and retrofit the HU from a newer C1 into mine. Is that just crazy talk, or is it at least somewhat viable?