Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:35 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Possible leak ?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:44 pm 
Offline
Full Member

Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:25 pm
Posts: 28
I was under the car replacing my exhaust today and noticed that there is an oil leak that is leaving a small patch on the drive. I have attached a photo of the location and would appreciate some suggestions as to the cause. Thanks


Attachments:
img_20180712_123757-2-.jpg
img_20180712_123757-2-.jpg [ 2.67 MiB | Viewed 2021 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Possible leak ?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:04 am
Posts: 99
I would point out that your photo indicates nothing. Hence no replies.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Possible leak ?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:49 am 
Offline
Full Member

Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:25 pm
Posts: 28
Geriatric wrote:
I would point out that your photo indicates nothing. Hence no replies.


Well I guess my photo could have been a bit clearer and included a bit more info ! The entire gearbox mount is oily and there are drips of oil coming off mount indicated with arrows in the attached photo. I have checked further up the engine for oil leaks and couldn't find any. Also the drain plug in the gearbox is dry so it's not coming from there.


Attachments:
sketch-1531644145179.png
sketch-1531644145179.png [ 770.69 KiB | Viewed 1918 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Possible leak ?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:59 pm
Posts: 28
Drives: C max
Have you checked the plate on the front of the engine block. I think it is virtually impossible to see, but I believe it covers an oil gallery, and can work loose.

_________________
Stefan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Possible leak ?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:34 pm 
Offline
Full Member

Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:25 pm
Posts: 28
StefanD wrote:
Have you checked the plate on the front of the engine block. I think it is virtually impossible to see, but I believe it covers an oil gallery, and can work loose.


I didn't but will have a good look. More than likely stupid question :wave: but will the car have to be jacked up to see this or can I see it by opening the bonnet.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Possible leak ?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:59 pm
Posts: 28
Drives: C max
Here's a couple of pictures of the plate:
http://images.esellerpro.com/3688/I/726/726_1.JPG
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Citroen-C1-typ ... B010897BOK
It's the part painted black, hidden behind the catalytic converter.
With the engine cold you maybe able to reach up and feel for any oil leaking down from the bottom of the plate.
I came across such a leak when looking to buy.
I found some discussion about it, on the Toyota Aygo Forum, I think. Just a possible source of oil leaks many people aren't aware of.

_________________
Stefan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Possible leak ?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:21 pm 
Offline
Full Member

Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:25 pm
Posts: 28
StefanD wrote:
Here's a couple of pictures of the plate:
http://images.esellerpro.com/3688/I/726/726_1.JPG
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Citroen-C1-typ ... B010897BOK
It's the part painted black, hidden behind the catalytic converter.
With the engine cold you maybe able to reach up and feel for any oil leaking down from the bottom of the plate.
I came across such a leak when looking to buy.
I found some discussion about it, on the Toyota Aygo Forum, I think. Just a possible source of oil leaks many people aren't aware of.


Thanks Stefan. Will have a look.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group