Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:20 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: eazibleed: does it work?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:09 am 

Drives: Aygo 2009
Hello guys, I still need to change my brake fluid... I've read that some of you use this eazibleed tool, it seems to be a good idea! Does it work well? I've read that it comes with several different caps to fit every car's brake fluid reservoir... does one of them fit well on our car's reservoir?

thanks,

RL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:58 am 

Drives: Electric C1
Yes it does work, and on ABS vehicles you should push the fluid through the system and not allow any air in, so the eazibleed actually works well in that way. You have to keep an eye on the fluid levels though, dont let it get at all low. Make sure the lid seals properly and has no leaks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:40 pm 

Drives: peugeot 107
agree with above it works well
Ron

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:35 pm 

thank you guys! then do you confirm that among the reservoir caps delivered with the eazibleed kit there's at least one that fits on the aygo?

best,

RL

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:53 am 

Drives: C max
RL,
I can confirm one of the caps fits. I used an Eezibleed I've had for years to bleed the system after changing a pipe on my son's P107 a few weeks ago.
I believe for ABS systems you must ensure that the electrical supply is disconnected (ignition off and key out should be ok) to the ABS system during bleeding and not to press the brake pedal with any bleed screws open.
Keep everything clean and make sure when you are removing the Eezibleed that no fluid drips onto the paint.
For anybody like me with an old Eezibleed, just check that the internal pipe is still a tight fit. Mine was loose and fell off. I think the plastic had been affected by prolonged exposure to fluid.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:40 am 

Did the job yesterday with the eezibleed, and I can confirm that it works very well.

Just a question: in the fluid reservoir I found a plastic mesh that prevented me to insert a pipe to suck out the old fluid, is there a way to pull it out?

Another thing: everyone says you must start bleeding the rear right brake, but the factory manual states to bleed brakes in this order: FL FR RL RR... and I followed this order: what do you think?

thanks,

DH

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:49 am 

Drives: 2008 Citroen C1 Code
Rasmus Lino wrote:
Another thing: everyone says you must start bleeding the rear right brake, but the factory manual states to bleed brakes in this order: FL FR RL RR... and I followed this order: what do you think?

The usual rule of thumb is to bleed in order of the longest pipe from the master cylinder - but I'd follow the factory procedure in preference.

Sadly missed - 2006 Audi RS4 Avant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:57 am 

I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that I live in Italy and my car has the wheel in the left side :-)

thanks,

DH

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:09 am 

Drives: 2008 Citroen C1 Code
Rasmus Lino wrote:
I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that I live in Italy and my car has the wheel in the left side :-)

So the factory manual says to bleed from the shortest pipe first then...

As said before I would follow the factory manual order, all the online comments say that "some cars require a different order" so I would trust the factory to have got it right :D

Sadly missed - 2006 Audi RS4 Avant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:48 am 

You're right, I trusted the manual, maybe the brake pump is made in a way that requires to be bled in that sequence.

Another question: I just bled the circuit in the classical way, then inside the abs module there should be still some old fluid left. Is it true that by activating the abs several times on purpose (ie: braking hard on a wet surface) the abs module will let the new fluid inside?

I've always done this job on non-abs bikes... a lot simpler :-)

thanks,

RL