C1OC - CityBugClub - Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:27 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: key transponder issues
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:29 pm 

Drives: Aygo 2009
Hello all, sometimes (very rarely but still annoying) the engine cranks but doesn't start. Typical situation: warm engine, I'm driving very slowly through city traffic, I make a mistake with the clutch and the engine dies. As I try to start it again, it turns over but doesn't start. I pull out the key, put it inside again, and it starts again perfectly as usual. Before I bought the car (used) I had a mechanic inspect it, he scanned the ECU for errors, and told me that it was all right, except something related to the key detection, but nothing I should worry about. How can I fix this issue?

thanks,

RL

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:34 pm 

Drives: 2006 C1
Personally l think you should take the guy at his word, and not worry about it. These things will drive you nuts and could cost lots of money for nothing. Forget it

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:28 pm 

Drives: Citroen C1 13'
Rasmus Lino wrote:
Hello all, sometimes (very rarely but still annoying) the engine cranks but doesn't start. Typical situation: warm engine, I'm driving very slowly through city traffic, I make a mistake with the clutch and the engine dies. As I try to start it again, it turns over but doesn't start. I pull out the key, put it inside again, and it starts again perfectly as usual. Before I bought the car (used) I had a mechanic inspect it, he scanned the ECU for errors, and told me that it was all right, except something related to the key detection, but nothing I should worry about. How can I fix this issue?

thanks,

RL

Used to have this issue. Turn the ignition on for a few seconds and then start the engine. I got used to doing it and no problems since.