Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC). - New users please type the text from the Captcha Box as it is written.

It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:08 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: C1 Drl lights
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:56 pm 

Drives: 2012 Citreon C1 VT
Hi all, just joined the club!
Bought my daughter a 2012 C1 recently.
Noticed one of of the drl lights weren't on and after looking found they were an aftermarket bodge.
Superglued into the opening on one side.
The car should have drl and has plug and proper cut out.
I have seen original drl lights for sale, which look like a crucifix sort of shape with holes for screwing on 3 at top 1 at bottom . Will these just screw on to holes on the back of the bumper or is there a bracket or cover for inside required for fixing? This kit the car has had a previous prang and new bumper fitted but as said aftermarket drl wired in and glued in place instead of fitting original lights back in.
May have to remove bumper to check fixings.
Spencer

Attachments:
_20180106_165537.JPG
_20180106_165537.JPG [ 394.29 KiB | Viewed 459 times ]

Post subject: Re: C1 Drl lights
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:14 pm 

Drives: C1 Phase 3; 107 Ph 1
Can't really comment too much because my DRLs were already fitted when I got my 2012 C1. However, the front fog lamps were not. I was able to get the bits of hardware necessary (lamp units, a relay and a new indicator stalk) but the wiring was already done. The bits just needed to be fitted (basically, attached and plugged in) and the bits all came with the necessary screws etc. So I'd say that there was a good chance that you might be able to just buy the right bits and plug them in - unless whoever fitted the after-market units chopped things around a bit (like, I dunno, re-soldered wires/connectors or cut the plastic housing or whatever).

I have had my bumper off but I wasn't particularly interested in looking at the DRLs at the time. I don't remember anything particularly surprising about what they looked like behind the bumper though.

It's probably not of much interest to you, but here's the thread detailing my adventures in fog lamp research: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10799