C1OC - CityBugClub - Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:13 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: New spark plug model?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:48 pm 

Drives: Citroen C1 13'
So I read on Denso's website that the new plugs for my 13' C1 are KH16TT\KH20TT.
I saw that the gap on these is 1.0 and not 1.1, so I contacted them and this is the response I got from Denso Europe:
"For the Nickel TT KH16TT is no need to modify the gap.
Though it is allowed to modify if you wish to."

Does it make sense? If so, should I go with the KH16TT\KH20TT? I understand the difference is in heat units, but not sure what it means. I live in Israel which is quite hot most of the time.

Thanks,

Samuel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:27 am 

Drives: C1
mulic3 wrote:
So I read on Denso's website that the new plugs for my 13' C1 are KH16TT\KH20TT.
I saw that the gap on these is 1.0 and not 1.1, so I contacted them and this is the response I got from Denso Europe:

Does it make sense? If so, should I go with the KH16TT\KH20TT? I understand the difference is in heat units, but not sure what it means. I live in Israel which is quite hot most of the time.

Thanks,

Samuel
Iv just fitted a set of denso ttn plugs at the weekend and didn't adjust the gap it was about a 1mil...my old plugs were quite worn the gap was more like 4mm!

They have made a massive difference I dint realize the car wasn't running bad but with new plugs its like a different car.

I think for the price I'll have a set every year instead of every 20k.

Sent from my MYA-L11 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:15 pm 

Drives: 2007/57 Smart Fortwo
I'm getting new plugs fitted at the next service. My 10 year old car has only done 18250 miles and presumably on the original plugs. The garage I was getting an estimate from told me he'd "never had to fit on a car at 18,000 miles unless actually causing a problem"

Smart Radio 9
Panoramic Sunroof
Luggage Compartment Cover
Softouch Automatic Gear Programme
Bodypanels & Tridion Cell in Silver Metallic
15" Alloy Wheels

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:51 pm 

Drives: C max
I haven't checked the plugs on my son's yet.
Is it likely to cause damage to the coil pack if the spark plug gaps are much too large?
Last time I serviced a vehicle with spark plugs they were connected to a distributor by HT leads.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:10 pm 

yellowbelly wrote:
mulic3 wrote:

Thanks,

Samuel
Iv just fitted a set of denso ttn plugs at the weekend and didn't adjust the gap it was about a 1mil...my old plugs were quite worn the gap was more like 4mm!

They have made a massive difference I dint realize the car wasn't running bad but with new plugs its like a different car.

How much time\km did you wait between the last spark plug change and now? Which model did you use, KH16TT\KH20TT?
Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:07 pm 

Drives: 2006 C1
It should not cause any damage to caps, but the engine will run like crap, poor starting and the fuel consumption may take a hit. I am using Bosch Iridium Single Probe in mine and it's never missed a beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:11 pm 

mulic3 wrote:
yellowbelly wrote:
mulic3 wrote:

Thanks,

Samuel

How much time\km did you wait between the last spark plug change and now? Which model did you use, KH16TT\KH20TT?
Thanks!

How many miles do you cover per year??

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:15 am 

Drives: C1
brixtonboy wrote:
mulic3 wrote:
yellowbelly wrote:
mulic3 wrote:

Thanks,

Samuel

Thanks!

Hi I think they were the kh20tt from euro car parts.

I cover about 10k a year iv had the car 2 years and the plugs were supposed to have been done just before I got the car.

The car was starting and running ok..but I had noticed the fuel economy had started to drop...I was getting 200 miles to £20 but was starting to drop off to 180..but since doing the plugs the car is running smoother accelerating better and my fuel economy is back up.

So by my reckoning if I get 20 more miles per fill up of fuel each week then my plugs will be paid back in 5 weeks at £10 for 3.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:00 pm 

Result then. Your on the way to paying for the service items. All from changing your plugs.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:01 pm 

yellowbelly wrote:
brixtonboy wrote:
mulic3 wrote:
yellowbelly wrote:
mulic3 wrote:

Thanks,

Samuel

Thanks!

Hi I think they were the kh20tt from euro car parts.

I cover about 10k a year iv had the car 2 years and the plugs were supposed to have been done just before I got the car.

The car was starting and running ok..but I had noticed the fuel economy had started to drop...I was getting 200 miles to £20 but was starting to drop off to 180..but since doing the plugs the car is running smoother accelerating better and my fuel economy is back up.

So by my reckoning if I get 20 more miles per fill up of fuel each week then my plugs will be paid back in 5 weeks at £10 for 3.

Thanks, that's great to know.
I just wonder which would be more suited to my C1, the kh16tt or the kh20tt. Tried to watch some videos about heat range but could not really understand how it relates in my case. Any idea?