Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:18 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:16 pm 

Drives: C1 VTR 2012
Hi,
I know the earlier Citroen C1 high level brake light is held on by two screws, but I'm struggling to remove the one from a 2016 C1.

There are no screws in the face on the later model, so I thought it might just be clipped in. But prising doesn't seem to work - I think if I try any harder the plastic will crack!
It's 'loose' in the tailgate, and letting water in, so needs to come out.

I've had a good feel around with my fingertips through the square access panel, and looked with a mirror, but I can't see any obvious clamps/clips.

Any ideas, please?

Thanks,
Robin.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:25 pm 

Drives: C1 2012; 107 2009
Looking at this picture found on ebay (advert was for a 108/c1 rear brake light) there are metal spring clips that will need to be pressed in somehow.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Genuine- ... Sw~aVd3lYn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:44 pm 

Drives: C1 VTR 2012
Thanks for the picture.

I thought I could feel those clips at the top, but even when I pressed them in, the housing didn't seem to want to come out.

It might need someone with stronger & thinner fingers than mine as it seems impossible to press both of those clips at the same time through the small rectangular access hole :(

I wonder if Citroen use some sort of tool to reach in there to press them both at the same time?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:15 pm 

Drives: 2006 C1
Have you tried pushing it from underneath upwards and outwards?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:17 pm 

Drives: C1 2016
Just done this.
What happens is water gets past the seal, fills the tailgate cavity and then flows down the wiring cover into the roof lining, it then flows down either side of the interior trim into the boot.
1st remove the square plastic inspection panel and then looking at the photo shown here, there are 2 clips sticking up that release the bulb housing by squeezing them. Take them out. Again looking at the photo on the earlier post, he has pointed out the 2 metal clips that hold the unit in place, well there are 4, 2 at the top and 2 at the bottom. You will need a small mirror to see them, 1st put a narrow plastic trim lever between the light unit and bodywork to put a tension on it, then press in the bottom clips with a 10mm ring spanner, you wont be able to do it with your fingers unless you stand on your head, and you will hear them release. Next do the same with the top ones, these are a bit easier to get at. The light unit can then be removed after taking the washer pipe off. There is a small seal around the unit which if like mine was flattened, allowing water past. Its a bit like a very small wiper blade. After cleaning with a toothbrush and drying, I inserted a piece of twine in the slot of the seal, holding it in place with waterproof superglue. This had the effect of opening up the seal making it sit better against the aperture. Before re installing I sealed the wire inside the end of its cover with silicone sealant.