Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:07 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Door locks
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:33 pm 

Drives: C1
So my daughters door lock has failed. To the point it won't release the key and at 1 am I had to take door card of off and take the barrel out.

I am going to replace it. I don't need a lock made around the key as it was the spare I was using and she will just use her own key as normal with the buttons.

When I Google 107 or c1 locks I get belingo ones that the barrel looks identical to. The plastic clip on the end of the arm looks. Slightly different. Will these fit? I presume I just need to pop the circlip and swap the arm and plastic arcorrs? Or are they totally different?

Post subject: Re: Door locks
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:26 am 
Area Rep

Drives: Citroën C1
I wouldn’t go to the effort of dicking about with modifying things, just take the hit and buy the correct barrels, you could even buy a whole lock set from a scrap car. Might me cheaper than a new cut barrel

Alfa Romeo 159 Turismo Sport
Renault 5 Auto

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:20 pm 

Drives: C1
It's not trouble... Its not dicking about. Its 1 circlip. Like I said the barrels look identical. The arm that's attached is identical. The plastic clip in the end is slightly different.

My question is asked because I'm looking at pictures and it's not always as simple with pictures. Every search takes me to these locks pretty much. The ones ive found second hand are 50 quid for a single second hand lock. The ones I think are the same apart from 1 clip are 25 for 3. So instead of buying some and then sending them back because of a subtle difference a picture didn't show I'd thought I'd ask the community... The only reply tjougb said I'm dicking about.... Cheers for your help

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:53 pm 

Drives: Peugeot 107
I'm afraid I don't know the difference, but I did happen to buy a lock and immobilser set on ebay a bit back. The locks were described as for aygo/c1/107. Is this what you're looking for?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:17 pm 

Drives: 14 Plate Peugeot 107
sieski wrote:
It's not trouble... Its not dicking about. Its 1 circlip. Like I said the barrels look identical. The arm that's attached is identical. The plastic clip in the end is slightly different.

My question is asked because I'm looking at pictures and it's not always as simple with pictures. Every search takes me to these locks pretty much. The ones ive found second hand are 50 quid for a single second hand lock. The ones I think are the same apart from 1 clip are 25 for 3. So instead of buying some and then sending them back because of a subtle difference a picture didn't show I'd thought I'd ask the community... The only reply tjougb said I'm dicking about.... Cheers for your help

He didn't say you were dicking about - that's wilful misinterpretation (in my opinion.)

The context was that it was going to be a lot of work/faff (ie a lot of 'dicking about', which is what this means (in this context)) to change things to make them fit, and they didn't think it was worth it.