Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:14 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:10 pm 

Drives: 2006, 107
PetrolDave wrote:
Puggysmalls wrote:
Would replacing the ABS be worthwhile too? Because it’s only since the works done the speedo stopped. I don’t have the right tools to jack it up, nor do I trust myself.

If I get my mechanic (not from the garage) out to replace the ABS at the same time should he be able to tell me if the wiring has been damaged...would it likely to easy to fix / replace?

If it's only a wiring problem then replacing the sensor won't cure the fault - the correct approach is to check the wiring (visual check and continuity check) and only if that is OK then try replacing the sensor.

Don't spend money on an expensive item (the sensor) that may not be the problem until you have eliminated the cheaper to fix possibility (the wiring) 8-)

Just checked my MOT is was the Front Suspension arm pin or bush that was replaced not the wishbone although I understand it’s in the same area? My cars at home whilst I’m at uni so my only communication is through my parents to our mechanic.

Still check the wiring? Then ABS sensor?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:46 pm 

Drives: 107
Was everything working on the way to the garage prior to the work being carried out then stopped working after the work being done ? If it was all working then phone the garage and tell them.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:20 pm 

combo wrote:
Was everything working on the way to the garage prior to the work being carried out then stopped working after the work being done ? If it was all working then phone the garage and tell them.

No the only miles clocked was from driving it home, our mechanic is mobile, and then took it to the garage, but the milage hadn't increased and that's when he noticed the speedo not working. He did the work at our house first, then nipped it to his garage, for something else, can't remember what but something very minor (not related to this problem)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:54 am 

Drives: 2008 Citroen C1 Code
Puggysmalls wrote:

Yes.

When fault finding always start with the simplest, easiest and cheapest checks first.

Sadly missed - 2006 Audi RS4 Avant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:08 pm 

PetrolDave wrote:
Puggysmalls wrote:

Yes.

When fault finding always start with the simplest, easiest and cheapest checks first.

He’s going to come over and have a look for me, so hopefully should know soon what the problem is and get it fixed ASAP.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:28 pm 

We took it out today, and everything is working perfectly again, only difference was we've washed it twice (due to the birds apparently loving to use it as target practice) so the only thing we can think of is something has dislodged when using the jet wash.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:03 pm 

Drives: 2008 Citroen C1 Code
Glad it's sorted.

Sadly missed - 2006 Audi RS4 Avant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:32 pm 

Drives: c1
Could just check and see if they have reconnected the abs sensor. wiring at the wheel....