Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC). - New users please type the text from the Captcha Box as it is written.

It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:54 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:28 am 

Drives: Citroen C1 13'
So as the headline says, my 2012 C1 came from the factory with SK16HR11 Iridum plugs. Before opening the engine and finding it out, I already ordered KH16TT (nickel plugs), which, according to Denso's website should fit. Will it be ok, or is it better to put them away and order iridiums? I don't want to damage my engine. Also, should the nickel ones still last 60,000km? They were dirt cheap.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:02 pm 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
All I would say is over the life of the engine/car (2005-2014), little changes were made to improve emissions and mpg, and I would assume changing to iridium plugs was one of the things that helped achieve that. So for me, putting 'normal' cheaper plugs in will have some affect, ok the 'normal' plugs probably be ok, but engine won't be running at it's optimum. I could be talking total tosh, but why would manufacturer put expensive iridium plugs in a cheap car/engine, if it wasn't to achieve something.

Also, the iridiums will last longer. no way the nickel ones will last that long.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:21 am 
Club Founder

Drives: Was C1 1.0 2005
They'll be fine, they wont last so long though

The NEW improved CityBugStore! - For all your C1, 107, 108 and Aygo needs. Support the club! Club Members Discount, enter code C1OC at checkout