C1OC - CityBugClub - Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:05 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: That would be A/C button
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:28 pm 

Drives: Toyota Aygo
Was hoping for some guidance on that blank (in my case) button, that from what I gather is a AC button in higher spec models. I was thinking of giving this button some use, not sure what, perhaps to turn internal footwell lights on or something, however it has two wires in the back of it, what are these for? And second question is to make the button go up and down do I need to cut it out or snap it out or something?
Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:11 pm 

Drives: C1 VTR 2011, Grey
I believe that the wiring loom includes the A/C wires, regardless of whether or not your car has A/C. The switch, however, is definitely not there. You will need to add a switch and perhaps cut off and re-use the plug you already have. My C1 Vibe certainly had the wires and plug but no switch - just a blank.

If you do this, please insulate the wires carefully. Heatshrink is great but insulating tape goes gooey and falls off eventually.

Drives C1 VTR 2011

Used to drive C1 Vibe 2007

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:31 pm 

That’s great thank you for the info and tips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:36 pm 

Drives: C1 Phase 3; 107 Ph 1
Yes, there are a few things wired up and ready to go, except that they are not there, on these cars. You can swap out a wiper stalk for one with a variable intermittent wipe and it will just work and on later models (eg my 2012 C1) the front fog lamp wiring is all in place, you just need to plug in the lamps, a relay and swap out the indicator stalk without running any wires and you'll have functioning fog lamps (even pre-wired to illuminate a little indicator on the dash).

Conversely, the head unit can actually put signals to rear speakers but neither the wiring nor the rear speakers are in place in most cars. However, this does mean that it's reasonably straight forward to convert the head unit to drive rear speakers as well as the standard front ones if the car didn't come with rear ones already fitted.

+1 on the heatshrink and avoiding electrical tape if possible.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:21 pm 

Thank you enjay, some great info right there!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:46 pm 

Drives: 107Allure5D62plate
Enjay wrote:
Yes, there are a few things wired up and ready to go, except that they are not there, on these cars. You can swap out a wiper stalk for one with a variable intermittent wipe and it will just work and on later models (eg my 2012 C1) the front fog lamp wiring is all in place, you just need to plug in the lamps, a relay and swap out the indicator stalk without running any wires and you'll have functioning fog lamps (even pre-wired to illuminate a little indicator on the dash).

Conversely, the head unit can actually put signals to rear speakers but neither the wiring nor the rear speakers are in place in most cars. However, this does mean that it's reasonably straight forward to convert the head unit to drive rear speakers as well as the standard front ones if the car didn't come with rear ones already fitted.

+1 on the heatshrink and avoiding electrical tape if possible.

My 62 HU does not have the menu for rear speaker control, do you mean that it will still drive a pair of rear speakers? (Or does your HU have a rear menu control?)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:11 pm 

If you have a 62 car, it probably has the newer Bluetooth enabled head unit fitted to the last of the Mk1 cars. I believe these can drive rear speakers but, if they aren't already enabled, you have to pay a visit to your local friendly dealer to get it enabled.

The original units just had a normal front/rear fader that was fully enabled from the outset. However, unless there were factory fitted rear speakers already present (most cars didn't), as you faded things to the rear, you just lost sound. With those units, it's a simple case of buying a standard ISO connector, plugging it in to the back of the unit and then attaching some rear speakers to the green and purple wires from the connector.

Thread where I asked about the different head unit types, if you're interested:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10309

Also relevant:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11797

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:05 pm 

Thanks my local friendly dealer isn’t? I don’t have the menu with rear speaker control!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:39 pm 

Sounds like it will need to be enabled then. I have never had a unit like that myself but I've seen people on here saying that it needs to be enabled by a dealer. More than that, I don't know. Sorry. :(

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:09 am 

Thanks might get a connector and try it or an enabled one from breaker need to replace a front for slipped voice coil as well.