Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:11 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Got a shock today
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:29 pm 
Offline
Full Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 4:19 pm
Posts: 5264
Drives: `66 Reggae Rhythm
Yes l did, last week promised my girlfriend it was about that she bought a new pair of glasses.
Reason was l'd been seeing her bent over the TV MAG with a magnifying glass. And her glasses on.
Her ones are over 9 years old she says. And cost back then 800 Euros. Well I thought no sweat Kenny my last bifokal pair only cost 300 Euros. However my eyes are not too bad.
Out came the frames all the well known makes Ray Ban, Yoop and the rest. There must have been some magic at work somewhere another assistant found a pair in red with the initial K on the end of both earpieces. Fit me perfectly same car colour and my initial and she picked them. I didn't even ask for the price. Next came the eye glass themselves, 4 different types the ones she had now were at the top, an the most expensive. Naturally adjusted to her eyes today. Like the other 3 they had a heavy German chat and she asked well what do you think? Pretending l understood everything I said let's go for the best ones. And the Red K frame. I asked the Frau to do the invoice and was glad l had my face mask on.
€1785,85 inc VAT
Playing it cool l asked how long will they take? About 5 days, l wish it was 5 months.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Got a shock today
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:43 am 
Offline
Full Member

Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:19 am
Posts: 123
Location: SE Staffordshire
Drives: 2011 C1 + VW Touareg
brixtonboy wrote:
Yes l did, last week promised my girlfriend it was about that she bought a new pair of glasses.
Reason was l'd been seeing her bent over the TV MAG with a magnifying glass. And her glasses on.
Her ones are over 9 years old she says. And cost back then 800 Euros. Well I thought no sweat Kenny my last bifokal pair only cost 300 Euros. However my eyes are not too bad.
Out came the frames all the well known makes Ray Ban, Yoop and the rest. There must have been some magic at work somewhere another assistant found a pair in red with the initial K on the end of both earpieces. Fit me perfectly same car colour and my initial and she picked them. I didn't even ask for the price. Next came the eye glass themselves, 4 different types the ones she had now were at the top, an the most expensive. Naturally adjusted to her eyes today. Like the other 3 they had a heavy German chat and she asked well what do you think? Pretending l understood everything I said let's go for the best ones. And the Red K frame. I asked the Frau to do the invoice and was glad l had my face mask on.
€1785,85 inc VAT
Playing it cool l asked how long will they take? About 5 days, l wish it was 5 months.

I get my spectacles from Asda - £45 for frame and varifocal lenses with anti-scratch and anti-reflection coatings - no brand name on the frame though.

_________________
Lifelong motorhead


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Got a shock today
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:22 am 
Offline
Club Founder
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:56 pm
Posts: 3695
Location: Exeter, Devon
Drives: Was C1 1.0 2005
Even fancy designer brands only cost £200 in UK.

_________________
Was 05 C1 1.0 White

Image

The NEW improved CityBugStore! - For all your C1, 107, 108 and Aygo needs. Support the club! Club Members Discount, enter code C1OC at checkout


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Got a shock today
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:30 am 
Offline
Full Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 4:19 pm
Posts: 5264
Drives: `66 Reggae Rhythm
She would just think that they are cheapo's l guess. I'm in a Facebook forum for earring aids my latest ones from Windex cost €115 with Insurance help. They work ok, but my hearing is not too bad. Someone on the forum in America bought from the same company l guessing with Bluetooth added he gets Constant wind noise he paid $6000 yes 6000 and the Company will not help him.
The 6 month warranty has run out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Got a shock today
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:33 am 
Offline
Full Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 4:19 pm
Posts: 5264
Drives: `66 Reggae Rhythm
Roc wrote:
Even fancy designer brands only cost £200 in UK.

Maybe it depends on eyes and not the frames.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Got a shock today
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:57 pm 
Offline
Full Member

Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:19 am
Posts: 123
Location: SE Staffordshire
Drives: 2011 C1 + VW Touareg
brixtonboy wrote:
She would just think that they are cheapo's l guess. I'm in a Facebook forum for earring aids my latest ones from Windex cost €115 with Insurance help. They work ok, but my hearing is not too bad. Someone on the forum in America bought from the same company l guessing with Bluetooth added he gets Constant wind noise he paid $6000 yes 6000 and the Company will not help him.
The 6 month warranty has run out.


My hearing aids are free on the NHS, including free batteries.

_________________
Lifelong motorhead


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Got a shock today
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:26 pm 
Offline
Full Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 4:19 pm
Posts: 5264
Drives: `66 Reggae Rhythm
Black Grouse wrote:
brixtonboy wrote:
She would just think that they are cheapo's l guess. I'm in a Facebook forum for earring aids my latest ones from Windex cost €115 with Insurance help. They work ok, but my hearing is not too bad. Someone on the forum in America bought from the same company l guessing with Bluetooth added he gets Constant wind noise he paid $6000 yes 6000 and the Company will not help him.
The 6 month warranty has run out.


My hearing aids are free on the NHS, including free batteries.

How long did you have to wait for an appointment? I waited a week. Batteries Rayovac super cost just
7 Euro for 36 on Amazon. The shop wants 8 Euro for 1 pack of 6 same make, rip off.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Got a shock today
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:19 pm 
Offline
Full Member

Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:19 am
Posts: 123
Location: SE Staffordshire
Drives: 2011 C1 + VW Touareg
brixtonboy wrote:
Black Grouse wrote:
brixtonboy wrote:
She would just think that they are cheapo's l guess. I'm in a Facebook forum for earring aids my latest ones from Windex cost €115 with Insurance help. They work ok, but my hearing is not too bad. Someone on the forum in America bought from the same company l guessing with Bluetooth added he gets Constant wind noise he paid $6000 yes 6000 and the Company will not help him.
The 6 month warranty has run out.


My hearing aids are free on the NHS, including free batteries.

How long did you have to wait for an appointment? I waited a week. Batteries Rayovac super cost just
7 Euro for 36 on Amazon. The shop wants 8 Euro for 1 pack of 6 same make, rip off.


I don't recall how long I waited for an appointment - but it wasn't urgent as my hearing had been slowly deteriorating over a couple of decades due to chemotherapy in the '80s.

I also get free repairs and adjustments, on 48 hour turnround during Covid restrictions but walk-in normally.

_________________
Lifelong motorhead


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Got a shock today
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:43 am 
Offline
Full Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 4:19 pm
Posts: 5264
Drives: `66 Reggae Rhythm
Long live the NHS went to the last of my leg massage treatments today. The extra cost was €36.60.
Thank goodness the lnsurance paid for the rest of the bill. Ever since l had an Operation for a clotted vain
by my knee it be a pain literally. Couldn't drive at first my leg was swollen up, turned out the surgeon
had cut something wrong. It's probably the same in the U.K. before you have surgery you sigh a lot paperwork. Nobody really reads it though we just want to get healthy again, but somewhere in the small print is absorbing the hospital from anything that might go wrong. I don't think that is the right word but my microphone is playing up. Like don't worry about knocking the tree down if it falls on my house I will not blame you for it.
Anyway since then l"ve had these really tight stockings things to reduce the swelling only cost €14.60
Knee cap support things they were ok l paid €14.60. Finally I am walking better with a shoe insole. I had
some made last year they were crap. My Doctor suggested a special pair that are soft, these are great l only had to pay about €6 problem is l only have one pair. Today is the first time I am wearing size 43 since this mess happened. As it happens my oldest son is a carer in Northern England we have no contact but l am proud of the work he does.
Keep safe all


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Got a shock today
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:18 am 
Offline
Full Member

Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:02 pm
Posts: 937
Drives: PEUGEOT 107
Crikey, that's a pricey pair of specs, I got my last lot from Asda as well, cos they include all the coatings etc in the price unlike others who add it on to base price. Handily I got 2 pairs for £100, good job as during first lockdown I decided to sit on and break my main pair :oops: . Over the years I've had NHS brown plastic jobbies all the way to designer pricey ones, but a lot more choice nowadays.

As you say BB, lucky we have the NHS, friends of ours moved back to USA from UK few years ago and always moaned about cost health insurance, we had few NHS appointments during lockdown and it been working OK so far even with semi closed doctors and telephone appointments, one plus has been the ability to book blood tests online for a set time, so you don't just queue at the local hospital for hours , then again if our doctors did routine blood tests it would help, but they gave up on that few years ago, but our doctors has been getting steadily worse over the years, the doctoring is spot on, just the bureaucracy gets in the way.

My Mum had her Covid vaccine before christmas, so again well done NHS cos I had my doubts that it would organised so quickly, but she got the call and it was done, took a while, think I was expecting it be as quick as the flu jab, but they understandably they had other checks to do. Not sure if she getting a 2nd jab later this month, so time will tell.

Keep safe and well everyone.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group