Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Citroen Ami
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:23 am 

Drives: `66 Reggae Rhythm
That leaked as well nice. They are cult cars now. I remember seeing a photo of one with the roof part adapted like a bubble to accommodate it's 6 foot something owner.
Big wheels and tyres and jet engines according to Wikipedia.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:34 pm 

Drives: 2020 Aygo x-clusiv
I was fortunate enough to spend some time with Sir Clive Sinclair when he visited my then employer (an automotive consultancy) and to give him a demonstration of our car anti-noise technology. It was nice to show it to someone with electronics knowledge (not just "car guys"!) as he asked some really searching questions.

Sadly missed - 2006 Audi RS4 Avant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:03 am 

Drives: C1 2012; 107 2009
26 mph and a range of 47 miles (and that will be max, with no heaters on etc).

So, it will easily double my commute time, frustrate everyone else on the road and hasn't got enough range to get me to work and back. Definitely not a car for me: much like most electric cars.

Honestly, I have seen very little to convince me that electric cars are a near being viable alternative to petrol ones yet for many, many uses. And I am very much not convinced about the environmental "friendliness" of them. Where does the electricity to charge them come from? What are the implications of battery manufacture and recycling? etc. etc.

I only ever saw one Sinclair C5 "in the wild". It was on the busiest street in Aberdeen and behind a bus. The "driver" was sucking up bus exhaust fumes like a present day vaper. :lol: I never really understood how someone as bright and as innovative as Sir Clive thought that the immediately obvious disaster that was the C5 would be a good idea.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:56 am 

The Ami looks ok in my eyes. Might take some planning for users and not for everyone.
But a car that plugs into the normal household socket is an innovation l think. It can be driven, when it's reliable people and will sustain crash tests and the rest.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:07 pm 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
To be fair, I'd rather have the Ami over a C5 or mobility scooter, remember many years ago, just before I passed my test seeing the C5 on sale locally and it was half price £199 cos it wasn't selling, but I stuck with my bicycle, we live up a few hills from our town, so would been ok if a little scary on way down, but totally knackering on the way back. I loved Sir Clive's Sinclair Spectrum, hours of fun with that, but then he lost the plot!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:46 pm 

Drives: 2020 Aygo x-clusiv
brixtonboy wrote:
and will sustain crash tests and the rest.

Now there's an interesting point - as it's defined as a quadricycle not a car what is it's EuroNCAP rating?

The EuroNCAP website only shows results of tests in 2014 & 2016, and here's what they said in 2016:

Quote:
Euro NCAP’s first tests on heavy quadricycles in 2014 revealed major shortcomings in safety and the organisation called for tighter legislation from the regulators and for quadricycle manufacturers to take more responsibility for the safety of their products.

The latest results show that little progress has been made, with test findings that are as bad as two years ago.

I'd want to see a full EuroNCAP test before I considered getting in one even for a test drive.

Sadly missed - 2006 Audi RS4 Avant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:50 pm 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
Here you go, read it and weep!, good news is that not planning on coming to UK, yet!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:45 pm 

Drives: not yet
I Like that "car" verry. In my Country it can be driven by 14year old teens with a simple motorcycle license. Imagine, you pick up your's future Girlfriend with this. :-) The concept is great, a little slow maybe.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:30 am 

Never thought l’d see that again, saw it in a car mag here. I was hoping that they didn’t release it in Germany. If l remember correctly it plugs into the normal 240v sockets, don’t quote me on that though.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:23 am 

Can anybody remember the Sebring Vanguard from the 70"s much better shape than than this.