Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC). - New users not working currently, New users please use 'City Bug Club' Facebook instead

It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: New logo
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:31 pm 

Drives: Citroen C4
Enjay wrote:
Vitalijs_DecalsLab wrote:
As you can see on that mx5 design, their cars are the same, but your community consists of three totaly different cars that make it hard to find same lines, characteristics etc.

Given that the C1, Aygo and 107 are all basically the same car with only minor cosmetic differences across the brands, and even the newer models have a lot of mechanical similarities with the previous versions, I'm not sure that saying our cars are three totally different ones is entirely true. ;)

MX5s probably show just as much variation across the range that their club supports.

Flippancy aside, what you said is kind of my point. The problem is that there are enough variations within the range of cars supported by the City Bug Club that if, say for example, I owned a Mk1 Aygo, the sticker might not be particularly appealing to me simply because it clearly doesn't feature my car. Why would I want a sticker of someone else's car on my window? Whereas, if it was a simpler, more abstract design then it might not look like my car but, equally, it wouldn't look like anyone else's either. However, it *might* be possible to capture the essence of all of the cars *somehow* with a single, simple design that any bug owner would be happy to use. I think, for the most part, that's what they managed to achieve with the MX5 logo (which is why I mentioned it). The back end of the "swoosh" tips up and if you have a Mk1, that's not right (and only borderline right for the others) and the shape is particularly off if you have a Mk4 RF (the last one in the pictures). Indeed, the symbol really only closely matches the lines of the Mk2. However, there is something about the logo that seems more or less right for all of the cars. The shape is meant to capture the experience of driving an MX5 as much as, if not more than, what the car really looks like.

Don't get me wrong: I do like the new logo. I think it takes the original photo version and changes it to a very usable symbol. I think that it works well on the site and it is clearly something that would convert very well to a vinyl. I'm just trying to throw out ideas. I had a boss once that always used to say "don't bring me problems, bring me solutions" and I'm not really doing that because I can't think of what a simple catch-all design would look like for our cars - but if someone else can...

Or maybe things are fine as they are. :D
Thanks for your constructive feedback. I very like it.
Let me chat with Marc and I we will come up with something. Top lad!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:33 pm 

Drives: Citroen C4
Also, my recent design to other car club is very what you talk about. Image

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:00 pm 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
Interesting and valid points Enjay, I know I said less is more, but for me that MX5 logo is 'so less' is difficult to determine what it is. Reminds me of when these big corporates produce a new logo, after hours of focus groups/meetings and peeps say wha?. Possibly it's me, as I said I not arty or done marketing, so not my mindset.

Also, for me our cars are cute/cheeky city cars, which the new style of logo encapsulates, but those 'sophisticated' swoosh type logo is missing the point for our type/brand of car.

I know the logo has to cover alot of car brand/variants of our cars, but our Peugeot 107 Phase 1 and Peugeot 108 aren't covered by the new logo, but still think it is better than a 'swoosh' and anyway, at least with new logo it cannot be confused with anyone else.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:42 pm 

Drives: C1 Phase 3; 107 Ph 1
Steve107 wrote:
Also, for me our cars are cute/cheeky city cars, which the new style of logo encapsulates, but those 'sophisticated' swoosh type logo is missing the point for our type/brand of car.

Oh, I fully agree. I wasn't trying to say that we should have a "sophisticated swoosh". Like I said, the shape of that one is meant to capture the experience of driving an MX5. Something for the bugs would indeed have to capture some for the cuteness and cheeky nature of our cars.

I personally think that it doesn't even need to be immediately identifiable as a bug (indeed, it needen't be a bug at all - many logos are not pictures of their product/organisation). Or perhaps it could be a cheeky caricature of a bug (the car or even an actual bug - I dunno) or something. The text and the fact that it is stuck on a bug would tell you what it is.

My main points were mostly that:
a) it should capture the feeling of driving a bug/being a bug owner and
b) be something that is, more or less, applicable to all bugs rather than showing specific models and, thereby, excluding other ones.

It obviously also needs to be easily reproducable and not have many colours (ideal for vinyls and other reproduction) and... well, all the other things that go along with being a logo. :)

I'm not saying it's an easy task, and I'm coming up blank with suggestions for what it could actually look like, but I do feel that something like that can cover those parameters might be possible and, if so, could work very nicely.

As I said, I do like the new logo but this also seems like a good opportunity to ask ourselves about the club logo, could it be better and what would work best; especially if people might be sticking it on their cars etc.