Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC). - New users not working currently, New users please use 'City Bug Club' Facebook instead

It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:35 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: New logo
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:05 pm 
Club Founder

Drives: Was C1 1.0 2005
Opinions

Would anyone be interested in a decal for their car?

The NEW improved CityBugStore! - For all your C1, 107, 108 and Aygo needs. Support the club! Club Members Discount, enter code C1OC at checkout

Post subject: Re: New logo
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:55 pm 
Club Founder

Note, it may not load immediately, as the old may be stored in cache.

The NEW improved CityBugStore! - For all your C1, 107, 108 and Aygo needs. Support the club! Club Members Discount, enter code C1OC at checkout

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:49 am 
Club Founder

Scrub that!

I’ll upload again tomorrow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:02 pm 
Club Founder

Can anyone see the new logo yet?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:23 am 

Drives: 14 Plate Peugeot 107
Hey,

I can see it. I'm not fully keen on it yet, but it is growing on me.

Entirely my personal opinion (but as I lack taste, don't read into it xD), but to me it could do with a simple wheel shape for the C1/Pug, and simple verticals to indicate the doors either side of the aygo silhouette (possibly horizontals too to indicate front side windows). It just seems like too much blank space without door lines.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:10 pm 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
Yep, can see it ok. prefer the new style 'drawn' type of logo compared to old 'photo' type. Just one thing bugged! me, with this and old logo, why was/is the Aygo the current body style, but the C1 and Pug were the older body style!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:19 pm 

Drives: C1 Phase 3; 107 Ph 1
I can see it too. I think it looks good but I think being a little smaller would work better for the top of the forum. (About 80% of its current size looks good to me.) I like the simplicity and it would be an easy thing to make into a vinyl sticker. However, despite my car having a big stripe down the middle, I'm not really a sticker person.

My guess as to why the differing generations of cars in the logo: the new Aygo looks pretty dramatic from the front and having the mix shows that all generations of the cars are supported here without having to include six different cars (or even more if all the different appearances were incorporated).

Of course, something more abstract could be used that, if you try hard enough, could conceivably be any generation/model of the cars, or at least captures the spirit of them. e.g. the MX5 owners logo:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:52 pm 

Drives: Citroen C4
I appreciate all your comments. :)
I am the designer and vinyl decal cutter.
Design is simple, but of course I can simplify even more, but I am scared that design will loose the message.
As you can see on that mx5 design, their cars are the same, but your community consists of three totaly different cars that make it hard to find same lines, characteristics etc.
I am happy to help you guys. :)

Also this decal won't be large, so it can be place on the rear window or side window.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:33 pm 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
Thanks for doing the logo, for what it's worth I like it, think you've made it smaller as per Enjay's suggestion, which is better. I'm not arty at all, but understand with this type logo sometimes less is more.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:59 pm 

Drives: C1 Phase 3; 107 Ph 1
Vitalijs_DecalsLab wrote:
As you can see on that mx5 design, their cars are the same, but your community consists of three totaly different cars that make it hard to find same lines, characteristics etc.

Given that the C1, Aygo and 107 are all basically the same car with only minor cosmetic differences across the brands, and even the newer models have a lot of mechanical similarities with the previous versions, I'm not sure that saying our cars are three totally different ones is entirely true. ;)

MX5s probably show just as much variation across the range that their club supports.

Flippancy aside, what you said is kind of my point. The problem is that there are enough variations within the range of cars supported by the City Bug Club that if, say for example, I owned a Mk1 Aygo, the sticker might not be particularly appealing to me simply because it clearly doesn't feature my car. Why would I want a sticker of someone else's car on my window? Whereas, if it was a simpler, more abstract design then it might not look like my car but, equally, it wouldn't look like anyone else's either. However, it *might* be possible to capture the essence of all of the cars *somehow* with a single, simple design that any bug owner would be happy to use. I think, for the most part, that's what they managed to achieve with the MX5 logo (which is why I mentioned it). The back end of the "swoosh" tips up and if you have a Mk1, that's not right (and only borderline right for the others) and the shape is particularly off if you have a Mk4 RF (the last one in the pictures). Indeed, the symbol really only closely matches the lines of the Mk2. However, there is something about the logo that seems more or less right for all of the cars. The shape is meant to capture the experience of driving an MX5 as much as, if not more than, what the car really looks like.

Don't get me wrong: I do like the new logo. I think it takes the original photo version and changes it to a very usable symbol. I think that it works well on the site and it is clearly something that would convert very well to a vinyl. I'm just trying to throw out ideas. I had a boss once that always used to say "don't bring me problems, bring me solutions" and I'm not really doing that because I can't think of what a simple catch-all design would look like for our cars - but if someone else can...

Or maybe things are fine as they are. :D