Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:41 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:00 pm 

Drives: 2006 C1
When l was younger and beer was cheap like a shilling a pint, 6 of us went up town clubbing it.
6 pints cost me 36 bob that's £3 6 shillings l nearly had a 'kin heart attack. Now it's normal.

I wonder what it costs in central London now?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:23 pm 

Just changed my 11 year old into a Limited Edition.
Jaqueline goes even faster now.
ImageImage
I know that your thinking and you can keep it to yourselves
:-)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:17 pm 

Fitted my one of these things that arrived thanks to Deutsche Post.

The radio reception is still C*** so tomorrow l must
refit the 4 foot original antenna.
Maybe that works........

The things you do for Liebe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:52 pm 

Drives: C1 2012; 107 2009
Looks like the main "what have you done" thread is still broken so I'll post here if you don't mind BB. :)

I put a new high-level brake light on mine. I noticed a couple of weeks ago that the lens was cracked around the screw at one end. Perhaps I overtightened it at one point but it didn't crack immediately?

Anyway, it took me a while because I'd done such a good job of sealing it in with silicone that I found it hard to get off and even harder to clean all the set silicone off the car. Eventually I got it all cleaned up.

The new light has a nice red washer nozzle. The old one was quite pink looking - don't know if that means it faded or it was always that colour. The seal seemed better too. Again, I don't know if the old one was just squished and dried because of age or if the new one is better by design. Either way, the new one is on and it seems fine. :)

It's just a shame that I couldn't find a clear version with red lamps/LEDs inside. I think that would be a nice upgrade for cars with clear rear lamps.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:50 pm 

Enjay wrote:
Looks like the main "what have you done" thread is still broken so I'll post here if you don't mind BB. :)

I put a new high-level brake light on mine. I noticed a couple of weeks ago that the lens was cracked around the screw at one end. Perhaps I overtightened it at one point but it didn't crack immediately?

Anyway, it took me a while because I'd done such a good job of sealing it in with silicone that I found it hard to get off and even harder to clean all the set silicone off the car. Eventually I got it all cleaned up.

The new light has a nice red washer nozzle. The old one was quite pink looking - don't know if that means it faded or it was always that colour. The seal seemed better too. Again, I don't know if the old one was just squished and dried because of age or if the new one is better by design. Either way, the new one is on and it seems fine. :)

It's just a shame that I couldn't find a clear version with red lamps/LEDs inside. I think that would be a nice upgrade for cars with clear rear lamps.

If you check out post 4 the picture shows how much sealant l have around my light before I eventually changed it. Not got it all off yet but l'm getting there.

Found out you can't buy the seal on it's own.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:34 pm 

Drives: Mini Cooper Diesel
Tyre pressure up to 35 front 34 rear. Highly responsive but not very loyal to the road. Probs drop them to 33/31. Wondering if I should bite the bullet and drop to 31/29 or lower but would like to extend life of tyres considering they already wear out almost as fast as diesel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:45 pm 

Drives: 2019 Smart Fortwo
I'd go with whatever your Mini's manufacturer recommends. With my 107 that was 32psi front and rear and with my Smart car 29psi front 36psi rear.

6-Speed Dual Clutch Automatic
Rear Parking Sensors
White with 15” Alloys

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:10 pm 

brixtonboy wrote:
Fitted my one of these things that arrived thanks to Deutsche Post.

The radio reception is still C*** so tomorrow l must
refit the 4 foot original antenna.
Maybe that works........

The things you do for Liebe

Fitted this and the original antenna and got some radio stations. But the Antenna looks like rubbish so it's coming off and the 2 inch one is going back on.
When she drives my car she will have to turn the radio off.
Hard luck. Tuff or what.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:40 pm 

Nothing special, except didn't have the handbrake on hard enough, as luck would have it l'd parked about a metre from a van.
Giving me just enough time and room to jump in and slam it on. *Kin idiot, never done that before.

Would not have mattered much, the bumper will be sprayed up soon. And some interior trim if he does me a good deal.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:18 pm 

Drives: 2019 Smart Fortwo
Need to give mine a good tug otherwise it just rolls back. I usually park on a slope which doesn't help.

6-Speed Dual Clutch Automatic
Rear Parking Sensors
White with 15” Alloys

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next