Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC). - New users not working currently, New users please use 'City Bug Club' Facebook instead

It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:41 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:51 pm 
Online
Full Member

Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:02 pm
Posts: 372
Drives: PEUGEOT 107
Enjay wrote:
MOT - passed, no advisories. :D


Always good to hear, you can enjoy another year of happy bug motoring :D

To calm down after an England win in World Cup, checked fluid levels today and then bath time for our 107 and Astra cars.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:11 am
Posts: 20
Drives: 2007 C1
Catastrophic battery failure. Internal fault. So the tiny battery (11 years old) has been replaced with a Bosch S4 004 (075 size). Now looks much less 'Noddy car'.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:47 pm 
Online
Full Member

Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:02 pm
Posts: 372
Drives: PEUGEOT 107
GavJ wrote:
Catastrophic battery failure. Internal fault. So the tiny battery (11 years old) has been replaced with a Bosch S4 004 (075 size). Now looks much less 'Noddy car'.


Impressive life span on the previous battery, hopefully the Bosch will last as long, we had a Bosch S5 in our old Fiesta and I surprised to find it was 8 years old and still going ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:45 am 
Offline
Full Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 7:29 pm
Posts: 484
Location: South Molton
Drives: 2008 Citroen C1 Code
I replaced the Varta battery in my C1 earlier this year after the MOT tester said it was down to 25% capacity (I had fitted the cold climate diesel battery so it was well rated!), it still started OK but I don't want any hassles come the winter.

_________________
2008 C1 Code 1.0 I3 petrol

2015 Skoda Octavia 1.4TSI Elegance estate


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:48 am 
Offline
Full Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 4:19 pm
Posts: 4015
Drives: 2006 C1
Oil and filter, Air filter and Pollen filter.
I had removed the Iridium plugs last week they we're unworn as was expected. The belt looked unworn
Also l just keep it lubed and adjusted.

The Pollen Filter was a pain for some reason and then plot it just sort of slid in. Today my spare ribs are killing me. I was doing this at my GF's and lost my keys also.
Not a good day.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:11 am
Posts: 20
Drives: 2007 C1
Steve107 wrote:
GavJ wrote:
Catastrophic battery failure. Internal fault. So the tiny battery (11 years old) has been replaced with a Bosch S4 004 (075 size). Now looks much less 'Noddy car'.


Impressive life span on the previous battery, hopefully the Bosch will last as long, we had a Bosch S5 in our old Fiesta and I surprised to find it was 8 years old and still going ok.


I'm not optimistic the car will make another 11 months and pass it's MOT nevermind 11 years! Lol
3 years on from it first starting to use oil and everybody saying "get rid ASAP" it still keeps going.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:10 pm 
Offline
Full Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 4:19 pm
Posts: 4015
Drives: 2006 C1
brixtonboy wrote:
Oil and filter, Air filter and Pollen filter.
I had removed the Iridium plugs last week they we're unworn as was expected. The belt looked unworn
Also l just keep it lubed and adjusted.

The Pollen Filter was a pain for some reason and then plot it just sort of slid in. Today my spare ribs are killing me. I was doing this at my GF's and lost my keys also.
Not a good day.


After sorting through my car and not finding the keys, the brain starts thinking we're could they be.
Stripped my work tools out completely not there. 2 bin's the shed in which I build my electric cars.
She was worrying about the Security lock key l have for the house door. Not quite sure why.
I thought just tell the insurance.
Checked all my waste again no luck.
She asked me to take out the paper waste there l saw the Mann boxes not there.
As l came back to the door there she was, with my keys in her hand.
As l had put my work jeans in the cupboard l left the keys on top of them, don't ask me why.
The moral is use your spare key for working on your car. It's cheaper to replace.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:08 pm
Posts: 44
Location: Bodmin, Cornwall
Drives: Toyota Aygo
I just fitted the upgraded pioneer front speakers, although it does sound better I still think it needs more bass


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:30 pm 
Offline
Full Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 4:19 pm
Posts: 4015
Drives: 2006 C1
NickG wrote:
I just fitted the upgraded pioneer front speakers, although it does sound better I still think it needs more bass


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


What are you typing in to find the forum in Tapatalk on your iPhone??
I can never find it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:08 pm
Posts: 44
Location: Bodmin, Cornwall
Drives: Toyota Aygo
brixtonboy wrote:
NickG wrote:
I just fitted the upgraded pioneer front speakers, although it does sound better I still think it needs more bass


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


What are you typing in to find the forum in Tapatalk on your iPhone??
I can never find it.


My inbox within tapatalk has a ongoing chat, where you can type things it asks you to sign in then I click on that


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group