Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:46 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:32 pm 

Drives: 2019 Smart Fortwo
How many confirmed cases in your town, so far here in Jersey 221 tests 5 confirmed cases, no deaths as yet.

https://www.gov.je/Health/Coronavirus/Pages/CoronavirusCases.aspx

6-Speed Dual Clutch Automatic
Rear Parking Sensors
White with 15” Alloys

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:51 pm 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
Not sure about our local area, with things like this it the unknowns that are more worrying. Hoping the supermarkets get their act together cos got nothing against self isolating, but we need food to eat, been out shopping today to do a normal weekly shop buying just what we need and compared to last week the shelves a lot emptier, despite THEM saying about robust supply chains and relaxing delivery times and just heard tonight their online systems are at full capacity, so they want peeps to stay in, but if you have to scuttle round town here there and everywhere just to get food, so much for keeping contacts to a minimum!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:08 am 

Drives: 2006 C1
It's hard to tell who's stockpiling and who's not. We buy milk in the case12 l think. If l notice it going down l simply top up, normal for me. Couldn't get black T-bags last week no were, this week no problem. Don't know how the English shop in Cologne is managing, might login tomorrow and check them out.
Found out the Hotel for Holiday Makers from Holland has closed. But we don't know how long for. That is certainly hitting my small village. My neighbour is out of work for the time being. And his wife who cleans the rooms etc. They are not paid fortunes however the bills need paying. Outside the Chemist was a sign today, no more than 3 people allowed at one time. Allow distance in between. All the Ladies behind the counter were wearing tightly fitting strong face masks.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:16 am 

Drives: 2011 C1 VTR+
195 in Scotland - 49 in my local area :shock:

W

Euralight LED DRL

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:28 am 
Club Founder

Drives: Was C1 1.0 2005
As they aren't testing self isolators, the real figures are massively higher than the official number.

The NEW improved CityBugStore! - For all your C1, 107, 108 and Aygo needs. Support the club! Club Members Discount, enter code C1OC at checkout

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:54 am 

Drives: 2008 Citroen C1 Code
Currently 24 cases in Devon, concentrated in the South especially around Torbay. AFAIK none in the small town where I live.

But as Roc says with only those bad enough to be admitted to hospital being tested the real number is likely to be much higher.

Both my neighbours in over 70 and plan to self-isolate for weeks when advised to do so - my brothers and sisters-in-law are all over 70 and my one surviving older relative (an uncle) hopes to be 90 later this year so they all plan to self-isolate for weeks too.

Sadly missed - 2006 Audi RS4 Avant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:33 pm 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
I have elderly parents with medical issues, so they staying in from now on, but problem is as I found out yesterday, compared to last week the shop shelves were empty and I was just doing our normal weekly shop that I done for years same time same supermarket. All other shoppers were buying sensibly as well. Even the dog food aisle was empty, but the cashier did comment that you can technically eat dog food!, so may have to give it a try?

One my elderly neighbours has no car and no internet, but there no delivery slots anyway so that's no loss, so how does she cope if forced to stay in, I offered to help like a few other neighbours, but if there no food in the shops to buy what do we do. Plenty of Easter eggs though so maybe a diet change is on the cards!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:39 pm 
Club Founder

Drives: Was C1 1.0 2005
PetrolDave wrote:
Currently 24 cases in Devon, concentrated in the South especially around Torbay. AFAIK none in the small town where I live.

But as Roc says with only those bad enough to be admitted to hospital being tested the real number is likely to be much higher.

Both my neighbours in over 70 and plan to self-isolate for weeks when advised to do so - my brothers and sisters-in-law are all over 70 and my one surviving older relative (an uncle) hopes to be 90 later this year so they all plan to self-isolate for weeks too.

Torbay is being counted seperately from Devon as it has its own authority. Brings the totals up a bit.

The NEW improved CityBugStore! - For all your C1, 107, 108 and Aygo needs. Support the club! Club Members Discount, enter code C1OC at checkout

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:13 pm 

Drives: 2008 Citroen C1 Code
Roc wrote:
Torbay is being counted seperately from Devon as it has its own authority. Brings the totals up a bit.

I thought that would be the case as it's a unitary authority.

Sadly missed - 2006 Audi RS4 Avant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:00 pm 

Drives: 2019 Smart Fortwo
We are in lockdown here, not even allowed to go for a drive. Oh well all for a good reason. Stay safe people.

6-Speed Dual Clutch Automatic
Rear Parking Sensors
White with 15” Alloys