Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC). - New users not working currently, New users please use 'City Bug Club' Facebook instead

It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:42 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Peed off neighbours
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:40 pm 

Drives: 2012 Aygo Fire 5dr.
Not your problem. If you pay for that permit you're entitled to use it... I wish I got to park in an underground car park more often, they're well fun.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:52 pm 

Drives: 2007/57 Smart Fortwo
J15nel wrote:
Not your problem. If you pay for that permit you're entitled to use it... I wish I got to park in an underground car park more often, they're well fun.

No one pays extra for it. Every tenant is allowed to apply for one or maybe even two free permits. They give you a disc to put in the windscreen and supply you with a smart card. If you lose the smart card it'll cost you £ 10 to replace.

Smart Radio 9
Panoramic Sunroof
Luggage Compartment Cover
Softouch Automatic Gear Programme
Bodypanels & Tridion Cell in Silver Metallic
15" Alloy Wheels

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:55 pm 

Case closed then, if you have a permit to park there then it's nothing to do with anyone else and there's nothing to worry about :L

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:21 am 

Drives: 2006 C1
One word here Neil jealousy that's all. When you use your car these or this person is tucked up in bed. All they see is your car sitting in the same place all the time and they are jealous.
Well f*** them. As the guys have said you have the right, they must wait their turn.
Were l stay it's 2 hr parking only on a ticket, then you gotta move. I'm lucky got a great relationship with the boss of the garage right across the road, he let's me park there foc for nix. Buy them a case of beer now and again. They do my TUV and stuff that l don't wish to do. Front wheel bearing etc. Everyone's happy except the neighbours.
There's only room for 1 car l make sure of that :-)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:29 pm 

Drives: C1 Phase 3; 107 Ph 1
It is a parking space - I'd be more "peed off" if your car was never in it. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:18 pm 

Well went out at 3:30am this morning for my usual weekly drive. On the way out I passed a taxi coming back to the car park from his shift. He didn't park in the spot I vacated so when I got back I parked in the usual space.

I didn't go out my way to reverse in, I just drove in as normal. Not going to worry about it anymore just hope my car doesn't get vandalised out of spite that's all.

Smart Radio 9
Panoramic Sunroof
15" Alloy Wheels

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:53 pm 

I'd be more worried about someone picking it up and putting it in their pocket to be fair. I'd say get a dash cam if you're that worried but you'd flatten your battery most likely and I bet it's a pain in the arse to get to.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:21 pm 

Drives: 2006 C1
nlel wrote:
Well went out at 3:30am this morning for my usual weekly drive. On the way out I passed a taxi coming back to the car park from his shift. He didn't park in the spot I vacated so when I got back I parked in the usual space.

I didn't go out my way to reverse in, I just drove in as normal. Not going to worry about it anymore just hope my car doesn't get vandalised out of spite that's all.

Life is too short Niel, go about your business as normal and don't worry about it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:48 pm 

Drives: C1 Phase 3; 107 Ph 1
Seems like you're worrying over a risk that you have created in your head more than anything. As far as I can tell, the situation is that a friend ranted over someone being permanently parked in their parking space (and after all, it is a parking space) and you have then extrapolated that to "someone might slash my tyres because they think my car never moves". Is there any record of tyre slashing/vandalism in your area/car park or is it just a risk that you have created for yourself? Do you know if anyone actually thinks your car doesn't move? Do you know if anyone is actually upset as a result?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:22 pm 

Enjay wrote:
Is there any record of tyre slashing/vandalism in your area/car park or is it just a risk that you have created for yourself? Do you know if anyone actually thinks your car doesn't move? Do you know if anyone is actually upset as a result?

Well I think my scooter got vandalised but cannot be sure someone just didn't reverse into it. Didn't seem to be in position where someone could accidently reverse into it. I don't know of anyone who thinks my car doesn't move but then I don't know anyone.

Smart Radio 9
Panoramic Sunroof
15" Alloy Wheels

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next