Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:13 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 3:11 pm 

Drives: 107 Urban '09
Purchased an MOT, which it passed with flying colours. 6 advisories last time so was a bit wary they'd start finding all kinds of things wrong this time, but happily off driving again.

Last edited by pigjosh on Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:24 pm 

Drives: 14 Plate Peugeot 107
Fixed driver side heated mirror (connection had come loose. Redone it so it's more secure, hopefully xD.)

Also fixed Passenger mirror, as some tw*t has decided to start smacking everyone's side mirrors in as they walk down the pavement. Yesterday they did so and broke off the mirror brow I had, which in turn (as I found out opening it out again a couple of hours ago), had knocked the mirror backing plate off the mount, and also popped the glass off the backing plate. If I hadn't done the heated mirrors, it'd be a goner, but the cables held the glass and plate on enough to hold it on. Bit of superglue and the glass is back on the plate, and plate clipped back in properly again.

By some luck the mirror glass hadn't been damaged at all! (Given the brow had half come off and been hard pushed against it to cause the issue yesterday).

Also done tyre pressures and checked oil/ screenwash levels, ready for the trip to Scotland on Saturday. Tomorrow, if weather holds out, plan to do full wash/ wax. And sort packing of car/etc. And plan route xD.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:53 pm 

Drives: C1 2012; 107 2009
Got an MOT certificate.

Minor advisory (slight wear/pitting on brake discs). I knew they were starting to go and I was thinking about changing them anyway, so I just got them done.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:59 pm 

Drives: 2019 Smart Fortwo
Did my tyre pressure checks, all tyres were only 0.5 PSI under inflated so topped them up whilst I was at it.

I use the digital pressure gauge on my Michelin double barrel foot pump so I have to connect it anyway to get a reading.

Putting in 0.5 PSI requires just one or two presses on the foot pump so I might as well do it whilst I’m at it.

No point just disconnecting it because they are only 0.5 PSI under which is less than nothing. Doing it every 2 weeks keeps them maintained to within 0.5 to 1 PSI which gives me peace of mind.

It takes up to 10 minutes every 2 weeks so not as if I’m spending a lot of my time doing it.

6-Speed Dual Clutch Automatic
Rear Parking Sensors
White with 15” Alloys

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:09 pm 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
Treated our 107 to some new car mats, our old ones were bit tired, so found these.

Happy to report although universal, the fronts needed no trimming at all, apart from removing the small thin carrying strip, and although I fitted the front drivers mat as is, it does go right under the accelerator pedal, but does have a cut out that can be removed if it causes problems fouling the accelerator pedal, so will see how it goes.

The rears were bit more tricky to fit, they did need some of the cut outs removed to clear front seat rear floor mounts, and still not a perfect fit, but no worse than the old universal ones I took out. I've got pukka Peugeot 107 mat set anyway, which fit the rears perfectly, but these fit under the front seat a bit more.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:43 pm 

Drives: 107 Urban '09
Heard a rattle coming from underneath, it disappeared when I let off the accelerator so I figured exhaust was a likely culprit.

Yup, the clamp that goes between the back-box pipe and main run pipe was a little bit worn. Trip down to Euro Car Parts, ten minutes awkwardly under the car and a shiny new clamp fitted. Rattle has disappeared, easy £7 fix.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:07 pm 

Drives: Peugeot 107
Finally installed new mats today. Old ones were totally worn out.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:13 pm 

Drives: 14 Plate Peugeot 107
Finally got round to tidying up a couple wires. After much awkward one handed cable-tying attempts, managed to tie up the outside temp. probe wire that's been getting caught in passenger feet for months, so it's out of the way. also took of upper console cover to re-run the power wre for the clock/ temp thing, so it's now behind the console and not feeding round the passenger side untidily.

Also, many months after getting a new battery, I'm trying the dashcam parking mode setup (ie setting the controller box to have a 24hr time/ voltage cutoff limit to power it when parked). Been meaning to do it for ages, but couldn't be a**ed to be honest. Then found the manual for the settings for the box the other day, so decided to do it whilst I had the upper fascia off. As well as adjusting the dashcam mounting (as it was slowly slipping more and more off the mirror bracket it's mounted to).

Hopefully it works properly, and I can start the car in the morning (as last time I tried it, was when I had to replace the last battery, so was never sure if that is what killed it, or just that the last battery was old/already going).

Also, also (xD) cleared out some minor scratches/ paint transfer that some tw*t added to my car whilst I was at work middle of last week.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16