Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:25 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: CV Joint
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:25 pm 

Drives: 2006 C1
Hi all Funny how things happen. Driving out of the high level park house, no problem at the bottom l wanted to turn right you have to come to a full stop. It's right opposite a police station. Suddenly my C1 would not move further the clutch and gearbox felt fine. Got a push onto the road, hazard lights on.
My mechanic was not available, rung my girlfriend if she had the number of where he worked.
They had changed their number but we got it in the end.
Anyway he came and towed me back to his workshop on the hoist we could see that the o/s both cv joints had given up the ghost. The outer one was worse. Some bearings had come out of position.

I thought there was a noise when driving, should have asked him to check it.
Feel a bit of an idiot now.

Post subject: Re: CV Joint
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:22 am 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
What a nightmare, but you got it sorted, handy you have a friendly mechanic on hand.

Reminds me of old car I had years ago, drove to top our road and lost all gears, so had to push it home few hundred yards. Luckily did some fiddling and got 1st, 3rd and reverse working, so able drive to garage, it was gear selector shaft had gone. Cars you gotta luv'em.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:06 pm 

Thanks for the sympathy, l do have ADAC service but I was just stuck. It's the first time that my car really let me down in 6 years, could happen to any car anywhere. Can't complain.
Good job l had my mobile with me.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:34 pm 

That's it you never know, I had AA recovery here for many years, never needed it myself, but helped family members on occasions, but years ago my sister's old Mini blew its engine on motorway and came home on an AA low loader, so that experiance stuck with me, so always had AA type cover.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:01 pm 

As a follow up, he put my car on the hoist and we ordered the part. In Germany most companies need the green paper to be sure they have the correct car parts. He decided l needed the complete unit. About £100. Somehow they managed to get the part incorrect. Grr.
Think he's avoiding me now. More news last Friday using my girlfriends C3 in my flat. I lost my keys, l was them glad my C3 was in the garage. That has the remote key there.
Problem was is should l say on that bunch is a BKS key for her house. Got it cut this morning.

The cost is rising. I might need a Schlüsseldienst to cut my letterbox lock off.
Unless the owners have a key, to cut from.
All in all a pain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:02 pm 

By the way l still don't have my Jacky back yet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:43 am 

It's been pouring down the last week and now snow. Need my motor think he's avoiding me first they send the wrong part 100 Euro for a cv joint arm only let him get it to get my car back schnell.
No idea what my labour will be. Need to get it under cover and sort a water leak out, bet it will smell in there.
Happy New Year to me not

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:21 pm 

Hopefully it just the Christmas/New Year slow down holding things up, over here they think nobody works between Xmas and New Year, years ago place I worked at used open between Xmas and New Year, but had so few customers, eventually they went with the flow and shut and annoyingly made us take 3 days as annual leave, I liked working then as it took me 15 minutes drive to work rather than 45 minutes rest of the year!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:16 am 

A bit off topic, but a month or so back he needed help with some parts he could not get. Well he could from America for $287 shipped here that was just for one, the other was only available from Toyota. These parts l discovered were from a '82 Toyota truck of some. The stress he had no Paypal Konto could l get them for him. I really didn't wish to. He never used Ebay and complained about the English.
One part cost 80 ish Euro Ebay German. The other Ebay Poland above 50 Euro l held one back when l found out that the reason he needed them was when the engine is changed often they get broken. He was well pleased . No tip though.
Here's hoping my bill is small and my boot has dried itself out. Wishful thinking

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:12 am 

Got my car back at last, can't believe the difference. It's so quiet did not realise that the box had to come out to replace the complete arm O/S?. But it is new or a reconditioned one.
As a point of interest I checked my history the old old CV joint had only 6000 KLM's or 1 year one it.
German workmanship. Bad grease packing, something was not right.

Need to check a few other items this weekend after those discoveries.

Ps. Any News about Reedy and his Engine bearing again??