Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC). - New users not working currently, New users please use 'City Bug Club' Facebook instead

It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:51 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: 107 Audio
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:52 pm 

Drives: 2009 C1 VTR
Id say either the fuse has blown cause you sparked it or your earth isn't very good. Best earth I've found is the boot latch bolt. Make sure the remote wire is actually getting 12v aswell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:22 pm 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
Here you go, I've got my underseat sub under drivers seat and amp for front speakers under the passenger seat.

Bear in mind, our 107 is 3 door and we rarely use rear seats anyway so it suited me to put them there but still bit of feet room, I just velcroed the amps down as didn't want drill holes! to keep them secure.

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:15 am 

Drives: 208 GTi & MX5
Thanks Steve for the amp photos, I ended up deciding against the amplifier going under the seat. I sometimes have people in the back of the car and would rather not risk having their potentially muddy feet on my amplifier.

I've sorted the Amp & Subwoofer out now and it was the 12V line to the amp. As soon as the remote wire had a 12V feed going through it - there was a very nice blue light the came on the amp. The subwoofer is mental, loving it but will have to think of the neighbours...

Need to tidy it up and get some velcro strips. At the moment I've just got some MDF across the bottom of the car with some wood planks keeping the sub in place. Only a temporary thing, i'll get it looking tidy in no time with some carpet etc.

Next job is to get the 6x9s in but that should be easy...

Your help is much appreciated as always guys, thanks again. :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:22 pm 
Administrator

Drives: Ice cream van
Glad to hear it's all sorted :-)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:34 pm 

Sorted out the carpet for the boot, that left over house carpet did come in useful after all!

I am aware my car needs a dust off. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:08 am 
Area Rep

Drives: Citroën C1
Good looking kit you have there, whats the bass like on that sub?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:36 am 

wee mac wrote:
Good looking kit you have there, whats the bass like on that sub?

Cheers bud. The bass is insane on the subwoofer. Shakes the car but it's pretty well insulated and doesn't leak too much sound. I am thinking of getting a capacitor just because if I turn it up ridiculously loud, the headlights dim with the big bass hits but it's not a problem...

Yesterday, the car was parked in a big puddle and I had the subwoofer going and the water was rippling. Very amusing.

I will be getting some rear speakers as the people in the back get most of the bass and not much of the front speakers...

Very happy overall though! :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:21 pm 

Drives: 107 2012 alurre
Hi guys I'm in the same process stereo amp sub. But I have a problem with my stereo harness can you please help me out
I can't seem to find a harness that with fit my 2012 107 alurre
And is there any wire color diagram out there i can't find information in case I need to cut and connect
Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:28 pm 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
I think your 2012 107 Allure may have what they call a 'quad lock' adapter for the radio connections, unlike the earlier 107s, which had standard ISO connections. Does your car have front door speakers with tweeters on top of the dash, that usually points to quad lock connector. Before you start cutting wires, try locate a quad lock to ISO adapter, assuming your aftermarket stereo has ISO connections, which most do.

Getting an adapter is alot easier to fit and also remove should you need it back to standard at any point. Autoleads do loads stereo wiring adapters so may have something. You could try Halfords, who may do it, but even if they don't have it on their shelves, ask them if they can order it in, which I have done in the past.

Sorry don't have much experience with later 2012 stereo setup as ours is a 2008 107 which had mucho easier with its standard ISO connectors, so made my stereo/speakers upgrades so much easier, so hope this helps.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:13 pm 

Drives: 107 2012 alurre
Yes the 2012 has the quad lock 2 door speakers and on the dash Twitter
Yes my after market hd has its iso adapter I’ve been looking all over for an adapter but don’t list them

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next