Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC). - New users not working currently, New users please use 'City Bug Club' Facebook instead

It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:10 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: 107 Audio
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:20 am 

Drives: 208 GTi & MX5
Managed to get the stereo fitted. Much happier.

Now to sort the rest out when I get the amp/sub wires.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:01 pm 

Drives: Citroen c1 vtr 2012
I've got the same stereo in my c1. It's an awesome bit of kit. Links up to iphone Bluetooth everytime. Hope you enjoy as much as I am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:13 pm 

Drives: 2009 pug 107
Sling it all in with fingers crossed don't turn the gain right up just have a fiddle with it for the first 2weeks while it's bedding in I'm now running 900watt vibe underseat and a new generation 1000watt rms alpine type r with edge 4way dash speakers and it's all running great once uve done a few journeys listening to different tracks with different adjustments on different set ups ull start to know where u want it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:46 pm 

Hi all,

Been trying to get my amp & sub installed but have run into some problems.

I'll try and give as much information as possible:

List of Parts:
Head Unit: Sony MEX-N4000BT
Amplifier: Juice JA491 750W
Subwoofer: JBL 1200W Subwoofer (350W RMS)

The AMP should have a blue light if its powered on okay, red is protection. From my understanding this is the generic lighting for most amps.

This is what I've done:

I've run a 10 gauge cable from the positive terminal on battery, into the correct fuse, and the rest of the cable ran through the car into the boot, into the amplifier's power terminal.

I've run a remote cable from the blue&white cable slot in the Head Unit, through the car and into the amplifier's remote terminal.

I've got 2 RCA's from the Head Unit's Sub PREOUT running to the amplifier's RCA input terminals.

I've connected the grounding cable for the amp to where the seats are screwed in at the back, making sure I've properly taken the paint off to get a good connection. (*I've tried the clean metal part of the boot hinge to try another grounding place too).

And finally I've got 2 speaker cables from the amplifier (bridged mode, L- & R+) running to the subwoofer's - & + slots.

--

I've made sure the gain is at it's minimum.

I've tried a different amplifier which is known to be working in another car (neighbour came over with their amp which they knew 100% worked) and that didn't power up.

I've tried a different remote cable, and a different grounding cable.

Also tried a different battery, to see if it would power up.

EDIT1: The ground cable from the amplifier gives a spark when I touch it against the metal but then nothing after when i tap it again. It's like it wants to do something....? it wouldn't be a short circuit type issue?

--

I've seemingly tried everything I can think of, (also had a neighbour come over and he couldn't find what the issue was and he was an ex Peugeot Mechanic) could anyone give me any ideas to why my amp (&another amp) is not even powering?

It's just frustrating that I've spent on this piece of car audio and I can't even find what the issue is.

Thanks all.

Last edited by Kexzey on Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:53 pm 
Administrator

Drives: Ice cream van
remove all RCA's + speaker wire etc and test

get a multimeter and test the connections at the amp end, bridge the 12v and the ground terminal with the mulitmeter and test- should be above 12v with the engine off etc

if not this is your problem- check the connection at the battery end- check the fuse

if all is good, test the remote wire for the amp- do the same as above but turn the ignition on and test the remote to ground with the multimeter

if this is the problem make sure the HU is set for amp use- any settings etc so the 12v remote wire is powered on- change the remote to the ignition barrel or cigarette lighter connection

check the fuses on the amp itself

my bet is the remote wire

if you need any help sniffer is based near swindon or im happy to help if you fancy a drive down to shrewton

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:15 am 

Had a quick little go at it after work last night,

I think it may be the ground. However, I've been trying to ground the amp on unpainted screws, nuts & bolts. I've managed to get it to spark and produce some life. It flashed blue for half a second a few times which shown there was some life in there somewhere. Mostly kept flashing red though. I've taken out the RCA cables and just tested the system with power, ground & remote.

Changed the remote wiring to the right side of the car, keeping power and RCA down the left.

Fuses both okay but it seems I can't complete the loop with the ground. It just sparks and then I can't get another spark for a bit.

I think I'll give it a good go at the weekend and hopefully get it properly working.

Thanks for the help, Reedy.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:23 am 
Administrator

It shouldn't be sparking at all!

Remove the fuse from the power cable in the engine bay or the negative on the battery

I've earthed mine to one of the hand brake bolts

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:52 am 

Drives: PEUGEOT 107
Just a few things to think about from my experience fitting my amps in our 107.

Firstly, I bought an amp wiring kit, which I thought was best way to do it, but I had a problem with the remote wire (blue) supplied in the kit, as per Reedy's useful post.

Basically it was cr*p, (thin and very few wire strands!), because my amps would work intermittently, I changed it for higher gauge/better quality wire and all working now.

I know you are fitting in the boot and I fitted under my front seats, but I found proper earth point in front drivers footwell behind the kick plate, just pull it off and should find the bolt/earthing point there. Not really looked for earth point in rear of our 107, but this may help.

Hope you get it sorted.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:43 am 

Reedy wrote:
It shouldn't be sparking at all!

Remove the fuse from the power cable in the engine bay or the negative on the battery

I've earthed mine to one of the hand brake bolts

Oh! You can see where I was coming from, you'd think a spark was a good sign?! atleast I know now!

Reedy, what do you mean about the fuse from the power cable in the engine bay? I thought that was there for a reason or have I misunderstood?

Steve107 wrote:
Just a few things to think about from my experience fitting my amps in our 107.

Firstly, I bought an amp wiring kit, which I thought was best way to do it, but I had a problem with the remote wire (blue) supplied in the kit, as per Reedy's useful post.

Basically it was cr*p, (thin and very few wire strands!), because my amps would work intermittently, I changed it for higher gauge/better quality wire and all working now.

I know you are fitting in the boot and I fitted under my front seats, but I found proper earth point in front drivers footwell behind the kick plate, just pull it off and should find the bolt/earthing point there. Not really looked for earth point in rear of our 107, but this may help.

Hope you get it sorted.

Steve, could you take some photos of how you've mounted your amp under the front seats? Would be appreciated.

I've got long enough 10gauge cable to put the amp elsewhere, so I think it's worth a try - definitely with a different earthing point that you've suggested.

I've tested two cables for the remote wire. One was very thin and one was quite chunky... same result so far.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:49 am 
Administrator

Remove the fuse so it doesn't spark, fit the earth etc then replace the fuse

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next