Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC). - New users not working currently, New users please use 'City Bug Club' Facebook instead

It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:12 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: 107 Audio
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:31 pm 

Drives: 208 GTi & MX5
Hi all,

I've just bought a Sony MEX-N4000BT for my Pug. Which outputs 55W x 4 of power, which I want to power some Pioneer speakers I've got in the front. I've got a 1200W (300W RMS) JBL Subwoofer ready to put in the boot & a "Juice JA491 Compact 750 Watts 2 Channel Power Amplifier" to power the subwoofer. Do you think if I level the sub level lower using the stereo, it will sound okay?

Or do any of you think it'll sound alright without lowering the sub level?

I'm unable to buy a 4ch amplifier and some rear 6x9 speakers until a later date.

Just waiting for an adapter to arrive from C1store (which seems to be taking longer than expected) so I can get it all fitted and replace that stock stereo finally!

Post subject: Re: 107 Audio
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:09 pm 

Drives: Aygo Black V1
You can't just throw it all in and hope for the best. You will need to set the gain levels on the amplifier to your preference.
Hopefully your stereo will also have different output levels for the line outs which you can control.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:34 pm 

Drives: 2007/57 Smart Fortwo
Kexzey wrote:

Just waiting for an adapter to arrive from C1store (which seems to be taking longer than expected) so I can get it all fitted and replace that stock stereo finally!

I guess it depends on whether the item is being shipped direct from Roc or his suppliers. Personally I had no trouble dealing with Roc, my item was lost by Royalmail and I contacted Roc who sent out a replacement which arrived a few days later. Don't worry he'll look after you in the event of the item going missing but I would hang in there for a few more days.

Smart Radio 9
Panoramic Sunroof
Luggage Compartment Cover
Softouch Automatic Gear Programme
Bodypanels & Tridion Cell in Silver Metallic
15" Alloy Wheels

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:40 pm 

What adapter do you need? The bugs have ISO plugs in them already. unless you have the later stereo?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:09 pm 

Quote:
I guess it depends on whether the item is being shipped direct from Roc or his suppliers. Personally I had no trouble dealing with Roc, my item was lost by Royalmail and I contacted Roc who sent out a replacement which arrived a few days later. Don't worry he'll look after you in the event of the item going missing but I would hang in there for a few more days.

I've ordered some speaker adapters from c1store before, so I'm not a first time customer but just waiting for those adapters through. I ordered one of these http://www.c1store.co.uk/store/product_info.php?cPath=191&products_id=2969, do I not need one to fit my stereo?

Quote:
You can't just throw it all in and hope for the best. You will need to set the gain levels on the amplifier to your preference.
Hopefully your stereo will also have different output levels for the line outs which you can control.

I'm looking to play round with it a lot to get the most out of it, so I won't expect best results out of the box.

Quote:
What adapter do you need? The bugs have ISO plugs in them already. unless you have the later stereo?

I've got a 2010 Peugeot, so I haven't got the later model (if you mean these 2012 newer models).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:42 pm 

Drives: 2009 C1 VTR
That's just a harness extension. If you want to fit rear speakers you'll need that but you can fit a stereo without it if your head unit comes with it's own harness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:42 pm 

Drives: 2009 C1 VTR
Or cut the wires on the stereos harness for rear speakers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:04 pm 

Drives: was VTR 2009
Simples. This is what I would do.

Run the front squeakers from the amp in the stereo as planned. It's a little bit of a compromise but as you say, it'll have to do, for now at least.

Plant the sub in the boot, and fit the amp somewhere. Attach both to the car, if you have an accident they're the last things you want flying around the cabin.

Run a pair of RCA leads from the line-level outputs on the stereo to the amp inputs. There's no need to fiddle with the eq on the stereo and it doesn't appear to have a separate sub output - it doesn't matter anyway as the amp will do the low-pass filtering you need to filter off the low frequencies for the sub.

The JA491 has low and high pass filters to allow you to tailor the output for driving subs. Use the gain and low pass filters built into the amp to control the sub level and frequency. Run the amp in 'bridged' mode for maximum welly.

Done. Soundstage in the front, bass in the boot. :thumbs:

(amp spec from the Halfrauds website, Sony stereo spec from the Sony site - I don't own either.)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:21 pm 

Yup youve pretty much brought that lead for no reason doh.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:33 am 

ade33 wrote:
Simples. This is what I would do.

Run the front squeakers from the amp in the stereo as planned. It's a little bit of a compromise but as you say, it'll have to do, for now at least.

Plant the sub in the boot, and fit the amp somewhere. Attach both to the car, if you have an accident they're the last things you want flying around the cabin.

Run a pair of RCA leads from the line-level outputs on the stereo to the amp inputs. There's no need to fiddle with the eq on the stereo and it doesn't appear to have a separate sub output - it doesn't matter anyway as the amp will do the low-pass filtering you need to filter off the low frequencies for the sub.

The JA491 has low and high pass filters to allow you to tailor the output for driving subs. Use the gain and low pass filters built into the amp to control the sub level and frequency. Run the amp in 'bridged' mode for maximum welly.

Done. Soundstage in the front, bass in the boot. :thumbs:

(amp spec from the Halfrauds website, Sony stereo spec from the Sony site - I don't own either.)

I'll do just this, thanks a lot Ade. I'll make sure to try and post the result.

Projectzip wrote:
Yup youve pretty much brought that lead for no reason doh.

Only a few quid, not too worried. If I was to need it for the back speakers - at least I'd already have it lying around somewhere :)

allantbdm wrote:
That's just a harness extension. If you want to fit rear speakers you'll need that but you can fit a stereo without it if your head unit comes with it's own harness

I'll see what I can do, it does have a harness included so it should fit then. I caught sight of the adapter on the C1store and thought I needed it to fit a new stereo.

Thanks all for being really helpful. Much appreciated.