Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Tyre pressures
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:55 pm 

After 10 days I was begining to wonder why the suspension was so hard, then I checked the tyre pressures. 36psi all round. I should have learned, this is not the first car I've collected which had over inflated tyres. It's such a simple thing, you'd expect a dealer to check before handing it over.

All at 32psi now and the ride is great. The steering is much more consistant too... and that fuse still hasn't gone back in.

A couple of little tweeks and me and the C1 are getting along very well.

J

Post subject: Re: Tyre pressures
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:49 pm 

We had the same thing. I've heard it recommended to overinflate the tyres if you are leaving the car standing in one place for any length of time to reduce the chances of a flat spot. Maybe the manufacturer puts in a couple of extra psi for this reason. A good point to raise and I'm sure all new owners will want to check their tyre pressures after reading your post. I'm running mine at 34 psi in the hope that it might improve economy.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:13 pm 

Drives: C1 VTR 2009
I suppose I best check mine then seen as though I've had it a month already from new and wouldnt be able to tell if they are over/under-inflated :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:13 am 

Drives: C1,VX220,Ibiza,MR2
AmyJ90 wrote:
I suppose I best check mine then seen as though I've had it a month already from new and wouldnt be able to tell if they are over/under-inflated :roll:

I would however, its not crashy or anything. However if you feel the need to check, by all means.

Taking into account you do alot of motorway driving (where the most of your miles are from) then slightly more PSi in the tyres (not OTT) isnt the end of the world.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:12 pm 

VTR1 wrote:
We had the same thing. I've heard it recommended to overinflate the tyres if you are leaving the car standing in one place for any length of time to reduce the chances of a flat spot. Maybe the manufacturer puts in a couple of extra psi for this reason. A good point to raise and I'm sure all new owners will want to check their tyre pressures after reading your post. I'm running mine at 34 psi in the hope that it might improve economy.

Not sure where you heard that advice, the manufacturer sets the pressures after hours of R+D in order to get the best fuel economy/grip and performance. Whilst you may get a lower rolling resistance, you will have less grip if you need to brake suddenly and other side effects. Unless you are going everywhere at 100MPH, which in a C1 I doubt, your best bet is keeping the PSI at 32. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:10 pm 

Drives: 09 - C1 VTR
Afternoon all

I picked up my Citroen on Friday *Smiles loads*

I love it already!

I just checked my tyres and they were at 34. Within the door it says 32 for all but then has a grayed out section stating 34? I was just wondering was this was for? Motorways?

My journey to work (which I will be doing for the first time tomorrow) consists of town and motorway driving so I think and hope 32 will be okay.

I picked up the car with 7 miles on the clock and I’ve already done 70 (driving around pointlessly to show off and get used to it)

I've noticed myself using the horn on it a bit! Paranoid or what? :)

Did anyone get any sort of free breakdown? I already have Tesco’s one until October so I’ve switched mine to that (hopefully I won’t need it!!!!!!)

First new car Friday. First tattoo yesterday.

It’s all good!

Thanks…

C1 09 Reg - 5 doors VTR - Carlinite Grey - Safety Pack included.

Previous (and first) car was a Renault Clio 1994 which I had scrapped for £2000 for the C1.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:27 am 

Yes its 32 PSI all round.

Only downside on the C1 is that the wheel trims have to come off (pre-facelift model) before you can get at the valves :evil:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:14 pm 

My 107 was delivered with them at 26 & 24psi front & rears respectively. Lazy dealer that couldn't be arsed doing a proper PDI.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:44 pm 

FWIW, overinflated tyres will wear out quicker around the middle of the tread, and underinflated tyres will wear out quicker around both outer edges of the tread. Also gauges on airlines at petrol stations are inaccurate and the pressure will be different (higher) when the tyres are hot.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:59 pm 

Whats the best way to get accurate tyre pressure readings ? a digital thing from halfords maybe?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next