Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC). - New users please type the text from the Captcha Box as it is written.

It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:15 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 750 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:12 am 

Drives: 2007/57 Smart Fortwo
Was driving home today down a gentle hill and I got to a bend where there was a sign up warning people to take the bend at a maximum speed of 25mph. So I put my brakes on and slowed down from 30mph to 25mph.

I glanced in my rear view mirror and the guy behind me was shaking his head as if I had done something wrong. I didn't let it bother me though and carried on regardless.

Smart Radio 9
Panoramic Sunroof
Luggage Compartment Cover
Softouch Automatic Gear Programme
Bodypanels & Tridion Cell in Silver Metallic
15" Alloy Wheels

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:57 am 

My thoughts on these things are if they don't like it overtake.

And after all street speed signs NORMALLY are maximum limits.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:05 am 

Drives: 2007/57 Smart Fortwo
Kenny500 wrote:
My thoughts on these things are if they don't like it overtake.

And after all street speed signs NORMALLY are maximum limits.

I think he was just annoyed that I made him slow down in order to comply with the recommended speed. No need to shake your head though that's just being an arse.

Smart Radio 9
Panoramic Sunroof
Luggage Compartment Cover
Softouch Automatic Gear Programme
Bodypanels & Tridion Cell in Silver Metallic
15" Alloy Wheels

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:17 am 

Drives: C1 Phase 3; 107 Ph 1
You do realise that you maybe delayed him for a few seconds or so don't you? Unforgivable. ;)

Unfortunately, some people become arses when they get into their cars. Most of those people who shake their heads, flip the bird, gesticulate wildly and swear would never dream of doing that face to face (some would, of course). I mean, imagine if when you were walking down the street, someone started yelling at you and "f-ing and blinding" at you because you slowed down for some reason or stepped out of a shop in front of them. You'd probably both just end up apologising (UK) and then move on.

I mean, I know that mistakes in a car can have major consequences but minor errors (or even non-errors like slowing because a sign tell you to) really shouldn't get the kind of response that they do from some people. Even major errors, even if they have resulted in an incident, are still better dealt with by keeping a calm head. Not always easy to do, of course, especially when someone has (effectively) just tried to kill you.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:39 am 

Drives: 2006 C1
The maximum speed were Niel lives is only 40 mph anyway, where ever you drive I guess that's frustrating enough :-)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:11 pm 

Drives: C1 vtr facelift 2013
Had 2 people pull out on me on my way home today, both times had to brake so hard my tyres squeaked! Obviously I beeped my horn, and both times the person who pulled out started waving their arms about and beeping back as if it was my fault... Wish I had a dash cam to record things like this!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:56 pm 

This seems relevant (colourful language):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=54&v=Rym5unx0ZCo

Story:
After a minor bump, the shouty guy (Joshua Brightman), a Marine Sgt. got out and shouted things like "get out of the car so I can beat your f***ing ass" (let me think about that for a second). The calm guy (Mike McCurdy-Quintana), who was a carer for his wheelchair-bound marine sister (Bree) who was in the passenger seat, filming claimed that the shouty guy had been driving in front and kept "brake checking" him. In a very minor incident, they touched bumpers with no damage (despite what shouty guy was shouting) and then the above happened.

It happened a while ago but I've only just seen the video. The shouty guy later apologised (organised by the marines so presumably under orders to do so) but calm guy didn't believe the sincerity of the apology. Shouty guy had seen tours of duty in Afghanistan and had been indured in the hand during a gunfight. His dad said that his sone had PTSD. Shouty guy has received counselling and has been medically retired due to loss of movement in his hand.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:31 pm 

Drives: was VTR 2009
It's not really a RR incident - but I've noticed more and more lately that roundabouts in this country appear to have 'stopped working'.

Drivers approaching roundabouts just...don't...stop. They seem to think as long as they can get onto the roundabout without an accident actually happening, that's ok, regardless of who or what is there already. The 'give way to traffic on the roundabout' rule seems not to apply any more.

Bastards.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:43 pm 

Depends where you are I guess. I've noticed in some places; particularly small towns like the one I live near, it's almost the opposite of that. If someone is on the roundabout and there are a few people waiting on the various roads on to it, everyone except the person on the roundabout seems to stop. I'm not quite sure what it going on but it seems to be that everyone is waiting for someone else to make their move, so no one does. Weird.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:53 pm 

Drives: MK7 fiesta metal
Enjay wrote:
Depends where you are I guess. I've noticed in some places; particularly small towns like the one I live near, it's almost the opposite of that. If someone is on the roundabout and there are a few people waiting on the various roads on to it, everyone except the person on the roundabout seems to stop. I'm not quite sure what it going on but it seems to be that everyone is waiting for someone else to make their move, so no one does. Weird.

Happens at the mini roundabouts in my town even when no 1's on them, its like a stand off.

* Formula Power HT leads and Brisk silver spark plugs

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 750 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next