C1OC - CityBugClub - Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:33 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 750 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 75  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:02 am 
Use this thread to post rants and raves about your driving experiance and things to get off your mind...

Like yesterday i was driving, the idiot behind me was riding his clutch and expected a racing start from the lights. But no, i was being good and feet were off the pedals and gear stick was in nautral. Soon as i started crawling with the bite i gave it some gas, (very little as im a hypermiler) it was green at the lights and the idiot by now was right up my AR*E, had to brake hard and then revs his engine and goes round me shaking his head. He was driving a 1.9 deisal people carrier with just him in the car. Funny thing was i knew the lights ahead were red so he had to stop, while i kept it rolling it turned green for me and bam bam i was gone. Idiots who think the speed limit should be met in 0.1 ms and that traffic signals = racing starts. :oops: :oops: :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:53 am 

Drives: 107xs Sport
Hmmm where shall I start?? As a regular a34 user I get countless idiots right up my a**e, so close in fact I think they want to smell my air freshener! That really gets my goat! I find it's twats in audi's or 4x4s who think they should own the road coz they pay more tax! Lol! :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:13 am 
Club Founder

Drives: Was C1 1.0 2005
I love these threads, so stickied it, so we know where it is when we need it.

The NEW improved CityBugStore! - For all your C1, 107, 108 and Aygo needs. Support the club! Club Members Discount, enter code C1OC at checkout

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:36 am 

Drives: 107 Urban Lite
Many years ago I was on my way to work on my Suzi GSXR1100 Slingshot. Waiting at the lights and some chump in a 911 tubbie pulled alongside.

He was giving me the eye, but seeing as how the Suzi would kick a Veyron in the nuts today, a 911 would be easy meat, not worth bothering with.

Undeterred, the yuppie revved his flat 6.

I sighed inwardly, and revved the big Gixxer.

He revved. I revved.

911 rattled.

Yoshimura howled.

The lights turned amber and he went squealing off in a fog of tyre smoke. I sedately turned left into work.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:23 am 
Tech Guru

Drives: 2014 C1 Air
... nice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:28 am 
Administrator

Drives: Ice cream van
Ive had a few boy racers in their saxos and fiestas try and race me off the line, in my younder days I would give it ago and usually beat them to the next set just to show them that a c1 isnt the slowest around..... although ive done more to my car now I dont get as many, sometimes the odd one on the roads but as soon as they overtake especially on motorways i like to tailgate them back :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:58 am 

Drives: 107 Urban Lite
The 3008, while not exactly a drag machine, has an auto handbrake so it's awesomely quick off the line if you're feeling norty.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:02 pm 

Drives: MX5 & Astra SRI
I nearly got taken out by some T*at in a xsara picasso not long after I got the car, he thought it would be a brilliant idea to overtake a lorry on a blind 60mph bend. There was easily less than a metre between us at the end and that was with the brake pedal mashed into the bulkhead and chucking it down the gears. If there had been somewhere to turn around, i'd have chased after the knob and introduced him to my friend pain! :evil:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:59 pm 
It gets me maddddd when theres loadssss of traffic and some tosser decides to use the bus lane!!! aghhhhhhhhhhh seriously is there a way to clamp down on these T*ATS!!!????

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:04 pm 

Drives: C1 Airplay 1.0 56.
Is there a way to clamp down on caravans/campers on single carriageways? I got stuck behind one for 15 miles on NSL doing no more than 30 mph with no overtaking points.

IMO people who can't travel at a safe speed should be banned from the road. Old people doing 50% of the allowed limit in perfect conditions is one that really gets me.

Sony Headunit
Pioneer 4" speakers
LPG Conversion

Wanted - Alloys!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 750 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 75  Next