Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, 108 & Toyota Aygo Owners Club. (Discount code for CityBugStore: C1OC)

It is currently Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:11 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: C1 Roadtrips?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:51 am 

Drives: 2008 Citroen c1 1.0
So I have a Citroen c1 and I'm planning on doing a 700mile road trip. How feasible would it be for 4 adults and luggage to fit into a c1? This may seem impractical but it's my first car so what choice do I have. Thanks

Post subject: Re: C1 Roadtrips?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:52 am 
Club Founder

Drives: Was C1 1.0 2005
The car will be fine. You are limited to luggage capacity a little but the car will do a fine job.

The NEW improved CityBugStore! - For all your C1, 107, 108 and Aygo needs. Support the club! Club Members Discount, enter code C1OC at checkout

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:11 pm 

Drives: C1 Vibe 5dr 1.0 2008
I did the North Coast 500 last year and my C1 performed really well - just remember that if you are "four up" the tyre pressures are gonna need increasing. The engines like to rev and you'll find that you'll need to hold onto each gear longer to avoid labouring. Finally, I run Thule roof bars on my C1 all the time - very useful for bikes or anything long that won't fit in the cabin (not too much wind noise either). You could put a small roof box on the bars if boot space is a problem - kinda depends on how long you are going for. Have fun :-)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:29 pm 

Drives: `66 Reggae Rhythm
Welcome to the forum. You don't say how long you have owned your car. Do you have breakdown service just in case? Could be using some oil over that kind of distance, might be worth taking some with you on your journey as a just in case measure.
I have a litre in a bag with some rubber gloves and tissues with me.
Have a great time

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:04 pm 

Drives: 2020 Aygo x-clusiv
To accommodate the luggage for 4 in the boot will be quite a challenge, I would suggest investigating a roof rack unless all 4 of you travel very light.

Sadly missed - 2006 Audi RS4 Avant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:00 pm 

Drives: 2008 Citroen c1 1.0
brixtonboy wrote:
Welcome to the forum. You don't say how long you have owned your car. Do you have breakdown service just in case? Could be using some oil over that kind of distance, might be worth taking some with you on your journey as a just in case measure.
I have a litre in a bag with some rubber gloves and tissues with me.
Have a great time

I have had the car little over a month. Now. I've not actually got my license yet as I'm only 16 but 6 weeks til I'm on provisional.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:36 pm 

Drives: 107 Urban '09
Without a roofbox you'll need to get a bit creative with any luggage but it's perfectly doable. I've driven London to Aberdeen far too many times in a laden 107 and had little issue, just take your time and know you don't be setting land speed records on uphills.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:28 am 

Drives: `66 Reggae Rhythm
Hi when are you planning your trip for? Members here have in mind the luggage problem. I maybe see it from a different way, if you need to you guys will get the it packed in somehow. On your laps, in the boot. Sure you will find room.
I'm thinking more about the car, and the driver. Both need good maintenance. Get through the test get some mileage under your belt. Feel the difference in weight when you have your friends in the car with you, it's very different to driving alone. A member spoke about tyres very important. Pressures and quality don't skimp.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:07 pm 

Drives: 2011 C1 + VW Touareg
Bear in mind that the typical payload of a C1 is only 385 kg - that's Maximum Authorised Weight of 1190 kg less kerbweight of 805 kg - 4 persons at an average of 75kg each leaves just 85 kg for luggage.